Some of my bottles

SaintOne

Greenie
Jul 9, 2011
Hello all

Im new to the site as this being my first post, so hello ! im from holland 34 years old and i find bottles in the dirt that comes out of the rivers (dont know the english word for baggerslib)

Ive been in to bottles collecting about 8 months , havent found really old ones only around around 1850 as being the oldest and ive been reading that bottles from 1900 and up arent valuable then again i dont suspect to get rich

but still id like to share them here. and keep collecting them

Since im from holland it will be some different bottles then the all american i see now passing on the site and if you have questions dont hesitate to ask about the bottles and il try to answer or translate.

some inktbottles
some impression of bottles i have now and i need to do a lot of cleaning

also if any one can date some of the bottles they see on the pictures that would be nice .. thanks.

Attachments

• inktpotjes2.jpg
    inktpotjes2.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_0020 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0020 (Medium).JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_0019 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0019 (Medium).JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_0018 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0018 (Medium).JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_0074 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0074 (Medium).JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_0072 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0072 (Medium).JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_0070 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0070 (Medium).JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_0059 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0059 (Medium).JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 267
  • inktpotjes1.jpg
    inktpotjes1.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 266

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
SaintOne said:
Hello all

Im new to the site as this being my first post, so hello ! im from holland 34 years old and i find bottles in the dirt that comes out of the rivers (dont know the english word for baggerslib)

Ive been in to bottles collecting about 8 months , havent found really old ones only around around 1850 as being the oldest and ive been reading that bottles from 1900 and up arent valuable then again i dont suspect to get rich

but still id like to share them here. and keep collecting them

Since im from holland it will be some different bottles then the all american i see now passing on the site and if you have questions dont hesitate to ask about the bottles and il try to answer or translate.

some inktbottles
some impression of bottles i have now and i need to do a lot of cleaning

also if any one can date some of the bottles they see on the pictures that would be nice .. thanks.
Welcome to the forum, 'SaintOne'!

You've got quite a collection, which spans perhaps 150 years.

I don't see any bottles that will allow you to retire early, but every hand-finished bottle has some value to a collector.

I am curious about the one black glass bottle you have. It dates to no earlier than 1830, but I can't see enough details to say anything else. How about some close-ups when you have a chance.

I collect black glass bottles, and have more than a few Dutch-made bottles or bottles made in Belgium "for the Dutch trade."

Good hunting to you!

blackglassprogression.jpg blackglassprogression.jpg

Attachments

• caseginseals.jpg
    caseginseals.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 242
OP
OP
S

SaintOne

Greenie
Jul 9, 2011
Welcome to the forum, 'SaintOne'!

You've got quite a collection, which spans perhaps 150 years.

I don't see any bottles that will allow you to retire early, but every hand-finished bottle has some value to a collector.

I am curious about the one black glass bottle you have. It dates to no earlier than 1830, but I can't see enough details to say anything else. How about some close-ups when you have a chance.

I collect black glass bottles, and have more than a few Dutch-made bottles or bottles made in Belgium "for the Dutch trade."

Good hunting to you!

thank you for your reply , i had some foto close ups on a blog im trying to maintaine

http://metaaldetectie.blogspot.com/2011/05/bierfles-1850-1900-handgeblazen.html

if you need any more foto's as a refrence il be happy to make some , i actually found parts of a similar bottle today .. unlucky ..

i got a place where all kinds of river mud has been dumped but the farmer is making it all flat . with big machines :/ so now all bottles in it are having a hard time. il post what i have found in the morning.

OP
OP
S

SaintOne

Greenie
Jul 9, 2011
gord said:
The closest translation to 'baggerslib' is probably 'sludge', as in 'muck' dredged out of the river.

thank you for the translation, its indeed big cranes taking out mud from a river to make the water way deeper for the boats. then its dumped on the side of the river and im walking over that looking for the bottles , its a smelly business but worth it.

DevilDog812

Nov 3, 2010
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
SaintOne said:
gord said:
The closest translation to 'baggerslib' is probably 'sludge', as in 'muck' dredged out of the river.

thank you for the translation, its indeed big cranes taking out mud from a river to make the water way deeper for the boats. then its dumped on the side of the river and im walking over that looking for the bottles , its a smelly business but worth it.

great bottles :icon_thumright: i have a few, but none that nice or that old
by the way, the english word for what you are describing is dredging

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread