What's new

some other unidentified finds any ideas ??

Joined
Oct 13, 2008
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
some other unidentified finds any idea's ??

ok the round one i found near a baseball field, and the square one i can't remember where i found it :icon_pirat:
 

Attachments

  • unidentifiedfinds.webp
    unidentifiedfinds.webp
    16.2 KB · Views: 722
Re: some other unidentified finds any idea's ??

We have nothing for size comparison. What type of metal is it? The numbers go from 1 to ___?
 
Upvote 0
Re: some other unidentified finds any idea's ??

its about the size of a silver dolar and the numbers go from 1to12
 
Upvote 0
Re: some other unidentified finds any idea's ??

I though first that the round piece could be a part from a sundial (hours 1-12), but I can't see all the numbers on the dial correctly. So maybe not. The object looks like it has more numbers than 1-12. Is the edge of the object smooth? Could very well be a sort of measuring device.
 
Upvote 0
Re: some other unidentified finds any idea's ??

nutmegtreasurehunter said:
its about the size of a silver dolar and the numbers go from 1to12
woody50 said:
I though first that the round piece could be a part from a sundial (hours 1-12), but I can't see all the numbers on the dial correctly. So maybe not. The object looks like it has more numbers than 1-12. Is the edge of the object smooth? Could very well be a sort of measuring device.
It does look like more numbers. Do they repeat 1-12 on the bottom? Are there small gear teeth on the edge?
 
Upvote 0
Re: some other unidentified finds any idea's ??

some sort of pocket watch gear or clock gear (12 hours --am / pm) note each number has a mark between it (1/2 hour) --thats my guess anyway .
 
Upvote 0
Re: some other unidentified finds any idea's ??

sticksboards said:
it's from a timeclock used to turn lights etc. off and on
I think this is a pretty good guess!
 
Upvote 0
Re: some other unidentified finds any idea's ??

Timer part sounds about right. Monty
 
Upvote 0
Re: some other unidentified finds any idea's ??

I can see One, Two and Three in Roman Numerals - going clockwise from about 3 o'clock.

Mike
 
Upvote 0
Re: some other unidentified finds any idea's ??

I am sure that they are both the ancient versions of a protractor as in angles for Tech. drawing....

Cheers
 
Upvote 0
Re: some other unidentified finds any idea's ??

trikikiwi said:
I can see One, Two and Three in Roman Numerals - going clockwise from about 3 o'clock.

Mike
Is this true, nutmeg? Maybe 1-12 in Roman numerals making the 24 hour day. ???
 
Upvote 0
Re: some other unidentified finds any idea's ??

bigcypresshunter said:
trikikiwi said:
I can see One, Two and Three in Roman Numerals - going clockwise from about 3 o'clock.

Mike
Is this true, nutmeg? Maybe 1-12 in Roman numerals making the 24 hour day. ???

The Roman numerals run clockwise, the standard numbers run anti-clockwise, so it isn't a 24 hour clock/timer.

I think a better pic is required. Just don't let it have 15 numbers :tongue3:
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any ideas?
Replies
4
Views
550
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any ideas??
Replies
6
Views
719

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom