Some pretty good scores this weekend

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
I hit one garage sale and one estate sale this weekend. I think I did pretty good. At the first sale, I got 2 bass drum pedals for $10 each.

DSC00805.JPG

I love New In Box stuff! I have this on Craigslist for $50.

The same sale had a bunch of power yard tools including 2 gas powered chainsaws and a gas powered bush cutter. The guy wanted $120 for these 3 tools. I offered him $100 and he accepted. One of the chainsaws is a Husqvarna 350. This model retails for about $300 new and happens to be the same model I already own. As I was paying the guy, another guy came over and asked how much the Husqvarna saw was. I told him I just bought it and he offered me $75 on the spot. I turned him down because I am sure I can get at least $150 for it. I should be able to get $80 - $100 for the other chainsaw (a Poulan 42cc 18") and probably about the same for the bush cutter. The bush cutter is sort of like a weed-eater but the cutting head has a circular saw blade instead of a string. It is intended for much heavier land clearing use.

I also bought an old Polaroid Land Camera (with case, flash attachment, and manual) for $5. Unfortunately, this looks like a bust. Oh well, live and learn.

At the estate sale, I bought a little N gauge train set (NIB) for $5.

DSC00782.JPG

Similar sets have sold on ebay for anywhere from $20 to $50 so I will probably do OK with that buy.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you did do well.i saw my cameras will meet the same fate as yours probally wont buy any more.

OP
OP
T

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
I was right about the Husqvarna chainsaw. I put it on Craigslist a few days ago for $150. I sold it yesterday at that price. Actually, the one I sold was my old Husqvarna. The one I picked up at the garage sale was the exact same model as mine but appeared to be in better condition and had a hard-shell case. The photo below is my old saw which has now been sold.

DSC00849.JPG

So, I have upgraded my personal equipment, made a $50 profit and still have 2 pieces of equipment to sell. I have listed the drum pedals but no takers yet. The train set will get listed this week.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread