Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here’s a few other recoveries that seem to be somewhere between a tool and a classic flake maybe I look too deep but I’m curious what others think… all pieces found on a bluff under an overhang, in limestone debris and loess.
A. Can’t decide if it was part of a uniface scraper, or if it’s a very late removal from a biface. Seems to me like it was retouched after removal
IMG_2475.jpeg
IMG_2474.jpeg
IMG_2476.jpeg

B. Again I would go debitage, but there seems to be some attempt to work the backside which tells me they came back to it. Still it doesn’t really resemble much of a tool
IMG_2478.jpeg
IMG_2479.jpeg
IMG_2480.jpeg

C. This last one doesn’t have much fine flaking except maybe tiny serrations on one margin but it has the same general form of many better made scrapers from the same spot. Maybe this is just a very rough example?… maybe it’s just coincidence.
IMG_2482.jpeg
IMG_2484.jpeg
IMG_2485.jpeg

Upvote 2

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
The white triangular piece appears to be more than debitage to me. The 2nd one appears rock-ish. I can’t tell on 3rd piece if it had very minor working, or if it’s the proverbial “creek chatter”. I’m a believer that not every stone was completed into a wall display-worthy point. Some were tossed aside, lost, unfinished for whatever reason. These are the ones that are so easy to disagree about.
I keep my “doubts” in their own bucket. Good luck!🍀

OP
OP
Older The Better

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Appreciate your take, I know it’s not the most exciting stuff, I just want to get every detail I possibly can out of this site, sometimes I like to check myself against others to see if I’m over analyzing.

antmike915

Silver Member
Apr 20, 2020
SE Alabama
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
1st looks like a tip to something, possibly unifaced. The second definitely looks like it was worked but left unfinished (I've found alot of pieces pretty close looking to that). Hard too tell with #3; probably just debitage.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread