What's new

Some Recent Finds from the field that never fails..!!!!!!

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2005
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
446
Golden Thread
0
Location
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes
These are just some artifacts I found in our field. All except the last blade, That is my first and only creek find. I posted that one for bad andy!..

Thanks for the look.
Let me know what you think.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN1226.webp
    DSCN1226.webp
    28.2 KB · Views: 429
  • DSCN1227.webp
    DSCN1227.webp
    12.6 KB · Views: 431
  • DSCN1228.webp
    DSCN1228.webp
    31.3 KB · Views: 424
  • DSCN1229.webp
    DSCN1229.webp
    31.2 KB · Views: 437
  • DSCN1230.webp
    DSCN1230.webp
    35.2 KB · Views: 419
  • DSCN1231.webp
    DSCN1231.webp
    15.3 KB · Views: 418
  • DSCN0969.webp
    DSCN0969.webp
    23 KB · Views: 421
Upvote 0
WOW~!! Nice finds!!! Did I mention WOW? That first one looks pretty old- does that have a ground base at all?? Nice plumet there to! Take me to that field!!! ;D
 
very nice! that second point is gorgeous!
 
thanks for the posts guys!
Cannonman what do you mean by "ground base"?

xstevenx
 
I mean on that second picture from the top, the stemmed point, do the edges of it feel somewhat smooth to the touch? If you're not sure compare it to the edge of the pointed part.... is the base more smooth than the edges. I ask you that because it looks to me like it could almost be a hardin varient (maybe) and if not.. well I don't know for sure, in this area (upper midwest) that would be my first thought. If it has ground basal edges and I found it in this area (given it's shape and what not) I would have to believe that it was transitional paleo period at the least...or perhaps early archaic. Even if it doesn't have a ground base, it's still a really nice looking point!!! :)
 
Good stuff Johnny! I'm glad you found something in the creek and posted it just for me. You have some good stuff for sure bud.
badandy
 
Thanks for the posts!
Badandy, you have more patients than I do as far as creek hunting. I walked 4 hours for that 1 blade.
Cannonman, i was thinking that was a hardin point as well. We find a lot of hardins up there. The edges might be a little smoother on the base but not anything too extreme.

xStevenx

keep your eyes on the ground.
 
When we get together and hunt I'll teach you how to hunt the creeks. It does take time but I'm sure it will be easy once you get the hang of it.
badandy
 
That sounds like a plan to me! I'll use all of the training I can get. Hopefully we can get together soon. I'll have to show you that field as well. It's unbelievable. I've had days when I went up there for say 3 hours and found 10 decent points, 2 axes, a grinding bowl, pottery. Most people can't believe I have found more than 1 axe in one day. that's happend to me twice! It's a good time.

Keep your eyes on the ground!
xStevenx
 
That is hard to believe! I have yet to find an axe. Maybe I can get up there to see you sometime in Jan. Or you can come down here. Either will work for me so just let me know when. Sundays and Mondays are best for me.
badandy
 
Sundays are probably best for me, I work mon-fri. As far as the field goes, it'd probably be best on my end to wait until after the winter to go up there because i've pretty much picked it clean from the last cultivation. After the thaw we'll run over it again and let the rain do it's thing. Hit me up and we'll get together and compare our finds and stuff.

Keep your eyes on the ground.
xstevenx
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom