some sort of dial?

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Minelab Explorer SE
This is the only thing I found on a quick search of a 15 foot perimeter of a one room house built sometime in the eary to mid 1800's.

It is the circumfrence of a nickel, width of 2 nickels, has a reeded edge and some sort of axis running through the middle. It's heavy for its size, rang in on my BH pioneer EX as silver the whole time and was about 8 inches down.

Attachments

• thumbwheel.jpg
    thumbwheel.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 301
Is there a slot running across the center of the other side? If so, maybe a thumbscrew from a Model 62 Winchester .22 pump rifle. That's a long shot (pun intended).

pix1514771031-7.jpg

It's the thing shown between the hammer and the trigger, on the frame.

Upvote 0
The axis appears to be rusted iron or steel,I guessing it is threaded in the center. The piece with the reeding may be an adjusting wheel of some sort.

hasbeen

Upvote 0
I found a dial or knob similar to that one,I found it on the local high school football field and it was off of the old P A system.

Upvote 0
romeo-1 said:
TreasureTales...nice .22...is it yours?
Nope, but I do have one of the same model. That's why I thought the whatsit was maybe a thumbscrew from a take-down model .22. I used to do some sport shooting and my trusty little Winchester .22 pump was the hit of the rifle range. It's a sweet model.

Upvote 0
I have a Marlin?22 cal pump gun that also has the takedown bolt it is oversize to permit easy turning but it HAS no screwslot.The rifle had been cut down to make a pistol so manufacturers mark may have also been removed but has the model#1914.
Happy Hunting,and Merry Christmas,Mont

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back