What's new

Some sort of tool

mick56

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2007
Messages
1,348
Reaction score
1,149
Golden Thread
1
Location
Southern Wisconsin
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
ATPro
I bought a box with an old soldering iron and solder at a sale, and this item was also in the box. Anybody know what it is?
 

Attachments

  • 000_1666.webp
    000_1666.webp
    235.3 KB · Views: 120
  • 000_1667.webp
    000_1667.webp
    206.9 KB · Views: 96
Looks like a reaming tool
 
Upvote 0
Could be for cutting the burrs from the inside of copper tubing.
 
Upvote 0
reaming tool to dull pipe edges. usually found on pipe threading machines
 
Upvote 0
Good I'd that's exactly what it is
 
Upvote 0
not feeling the reamer thoughts
any markings on it?
the color does look the company RIDGID tools
I was in the pipe biz for 30 years, never seen a tool like this
the fact the handle has space in the middle tells me that it may require a line, rope to tie off
almost looks like a net repair tool
 
Upvote 0
No name or markings on it. I know it looks like a reamer, but being cast iron don't think it would hold up.
 
Upvote 0
Would not hold up to deburr steel pipe would work fine for copper tubing and it was found with soldering iron and solder.
 
Upvote 0
Lufkin tape measure....
 
Upvote 0
Maybe it's just a tool for holding things down while you solder them?
I doubt that, but other than a mold for making triangular-shaped lead fishing weights.... :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom