Some Thoughts on the XP Deus

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Coming from a AT Pro,there are some things I've noticed,using the XP Deus. 1. The sensitivity on the Deus, runs bass ackwards compared to the ATP? On the ATP you run the sensitivity up to make the machine,more sensitive,or run "hotter". On the Deus you run it down to make the machine more sensitive,or "hotter":dontknow: 2. With a 5 X 8 coil on the ATP,you will die of old age covering large areas. With the 9 inch coil on the Deus,you can cover a football field like your using a lawn mower! :laughing7: 3. Swing speed is critical on almost all machines,the Deus doesn't seem to care,unless you are in a real high trash area, (even then it's not as sensitive to swing speed as the rest). 4. The Deus runs 2.4 GHz,and searches 36 channels to find a clear one to operate on!:thumbsup: I've noticed way less interference using the Deus in areas that gave my other machines fits,due to EMI. 5. I'm finding more good targets in the trashy areas than I did with my ATP(I don't really know why? It just seems to "see" the coins better through the trash? The 9 inch coil is "the bomb":laughing7: when it comes to separating trash from good targets,the super fast reactivity doesn't hurt things either. 6. This thing (the Deus) is super light!:thumbsup: You can swing it all day and never break a sweat! 7. The Deus slides into a compact package in seconds,and can be stored in a large gym bag,"with all it's accessories". It is so easy to transport,it's almost a joke!:thumbsup: You could put the Deus in a large back pack,and ride your bicycle ( I can't,my tires keep blowing out,for some reason!:dontknow:) to locations to hunt! Do I still like my ATP? You bet I do!:thumbsup: It ain't scared of the rain,and likes to swim as much as I do!:laughing7: They both have their advantages,and uses!:thumbsup:

Apr 13, 2012
Maryville, Tn
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well put rks1949, the Deus and ATP are both great detectors and if XP ever comes out with the waterproof kit for the Deus then it will be the ultimate detector!:thumbsup:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I absolutely 100% agree with all that uve said rk its a detector that's gonna be pretty hard to top hh

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great post! The XP DEUS has a ton going for it for sure. I call it my recon detector! lol

Do some experimenting with the settings I told you. Let us know what you think! ;)

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great post! The XP DEUS has a ton going for it for sure. I call it my recon detector! lol

Do some experimenting with the settings I told you. Let us know what you think! ;)
I did Bart!:thumbsup: The info you gave me was "spot on" the money! I'm seeing coins deeper than ever before,(and before wasn't doing too bad"):laughing7: I was at a local city park,yesterday. They will let you "surface hunt" (no digging allowed)! You can "flip" coins just under the surface,though.:thumbsup: I got solid signals on many coins,that was off the "horse shoe"or really deep,but still got a TID reading of 77,or 83! These coins were in the silver range,going by the TID numbers,but with no digging allowed,I had to pass on them! A lot of them!:BangHead: Still found a ton of clad! I would use my Pro pointer to locate the shallow coins,and "flip them out". About 1/3 of the coins were on the surface,the second 1/3 were within "flipping range( 2- 2 1/2 inches),and the last 1/3,I had to walk off leaving them in the ground, since digging isn't allowed,and a lot of them were 8+ inches down! This is the first time I've noticed no visual indication,on the horse shoe,but still had a solid signal,and a TID reading on the screen. Man it's hard to walk off from targets,with signals like that!:unhappysmiley:Here's a picture of the "1/3 " of the clad that I ran through the tumbler to clean up,that I flipped out of the ground.The surface coins didn't need anything but put in a jar,and the last 1/3 are still out there!:BangHead: Ron
00231_zps41be89f1.jpg

Sledgod2

May 31, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
BH Quick Draw II,
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coming from a AT Pro,there are some things I've noticed,using the XP Deus. 1. The sensitivity on the Deus, runs bass ackwards compared to the ATP? On the ATP you run the sensitivity up to make the machine,more sensitive,or run "hotter". On the Deus you run it down to make the machine more sensitive,or "hotter":dontknow: 2. With a 5 X 8 coil on the ATP,you will die of old age covering large areas. With the 9 inch coil on the Deus,you can cover a football field like your using a lawn mower! :laughing7: 3. Swing speed is critical on almost all machines,the Deus doesn't seem to care,unless you are in a real high trash area, (even then it's not as sensitive to swing speed as the rest). 4. The Deus runs 2.4 GHz,and searches 36 channels to find a clear one to operate on!:thumbsup: I've noticed way less interference using the Deus in areas that gave my other machines fits,due to EMI. 5. I'm finding more good targets in the trashy areas than I did with my ATP(I don't really know why? It just seems to "see" the coins better through the trash? The 9 inch coil is "the bomb":laughing7: when it comes to separating trash from good targets,the super fast reactivity doesn't hurt things either. 6. This thing (the Deus) is super light!:thumbsup: You can swing it all day and never break a sweat! 7. The Deus slides into a compact package in seconds,and can be stored in a large gym bag,"with all it's accessories". It is so easy to transport,it's almost a joke!:thumbsup: You could put the Deus in a large back pack,and ride your bicycle ( I can't,my tires keep blowing out,for some reason!:dontknow:) to locations to hunt! Do I still like my ATP? You bet I do!:thumbsup: It ain't scared of the rain,and likes to swim as much as I do!:laughing7: They both have their advantages,and uses!:thumbsup:

Thanks for the observations... I too have an ATPro and am thinking of getting the Deus this winter when I have some extra $$$. I keep flopping between the Deus and the CTX3030 but for approximately $600 less I might go with the Deus.

TheOldMan

Nov 26, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Well.....I get it now - the ATPro can go in the water .... and the Deus can.....eh..... walk on water LOL!!! Keep up the good detecting there - hope you find lots of goodies.

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well.....I get it now - the ATPro can go in the water .... and the Deus can.....eh..... walk on water LOL!!! Keep up the good detecting there - hope you find lots of goodies.
No the Deus doesn't walk on water!:laughing7: Infact you could say it's like a cat and water!:laughing7: That's why I'll never sell my ATP!:thumbsup:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me either Atpro is here to stay with its friends lol

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What coil comes stock with the Deus RK?
Pete
The 9 inch,and trust me,unless you cover large (and I mean really large) open areas the stock 9 inch coil will cover 99.9% of your hunting!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 9" ones the one u want u can get them with the 13" but like rk said the 9's the way to go unless 90%+ of ur areas r open feilds. There's only 1 difference in the older deus xp to the newer model & thats the older one had a magnet which held the control pad on, the newer model has a clip instead, given it more strength without the control pad fallen off. The only others sets or packages that will either save a 100 or 2, is the package u get with headphones one is the backbone & the other is full cup both r great & serve there different purpose still get the same controls & sounds

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just do it it'll b the last machine ur gonna need for a long long time if u don't I think ur gonna keep piping over on here & gonna keep on thinking should I lol jk naw its a great machine right out of the box yes theres a extra coil u can buy but don't need it really, & when they come out with new upgrades for it plug it in 5 minutes done free new detector, no need to pay for updates or send it in

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the observations... I too have an ATPro and am thinking of getting the Deus this winter when I have some extra $$$. I keep flopping between the Deus and the CTX3030 but for approximately $600 less I might go with the Deus.

Great pics of machine! I use both the XP Deus and Minelab CTX 3030 exclusively and can tell you the ins and outs of each. Have many hours swing time on them. Both awesome machines but very different. LOVE them both! Feel free to give me a ring.

spimly

Tenderfoot
Nov 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 9" ones the one u want u can get them with the 13" but like rk said the 9's the way to go unless 90%+ of ur areas r open feilds. There's only 1 difference in the older deus xp to the newer model & thats the older one had a magnet which held the control pad on, the newer model has a clip instead, given it more strength without the control pad fallen off. The only others sets or packages that will either save a 100 or 2, is the package u get with headphones one is the backbone & the other is full cup both r great & serve there different purpose still get the same controls & sounds

They are about to release an 11" one that can be purchased as the standard coil on the machine. A lot of interest in this since it fits nicely between the 9" and 13" - not too big, not too small.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really definitely gonna check that out the 9" is gonna be pretty hard to top

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread