What's new

Some weird Japanese metal thing

jtw1313

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2013
Messages
3,728
Reaction score
2,099
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just picked it up because it was odd anyone know what it is used for
 
looks like an incense burner
 
Upvote 0
Its a "censor".
 
Upvote 0
Check this one out, i'm sure they are reaching fir the starts with the price but it looks like yours- antique CAST IRON INCENSE BURNER dish with lid

s-l1600.jpg
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Better pic of the top

Maybe someone can read what it says I'm curious to know
 
Upvote 0
Lol it does look like that
 
Upvote 0
I'm somewhat surprised that none of the listings mentioned that they depict a Chinese cash coin in the center... Which one or if it even there is one with those characters I don't know.
 
Upvote 0
I'm somewhat surprised that none of the listings mentioned that they depict a Chinese cash coin in the center... Which one or if it even there is one with those characters I don't know.
I noticed it resembled one, even searched using it as keywords, just didn't mention it. I think it's just another one of those Chinese wannabe antiques that the market is flooded with. It didn't take too long to find several matching examples this morning. That tells you something right there.
 
Upvote 0
Thats why I want to know what the characters are I wrote someone hopefully he will answer soon
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom