What's new

Some you win....some you lose. Check out this "bogus" ring that I found this A.M

lorraine

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2010
Messages
4,474
Reaction score
3,764
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Some you win....some you lose. Check out this "bogus" ring that I found this A.M

The Sov. Elite gave off a most high clear sound on this one; but I knew it was not silver after I dug it out..inside of band was too pitted..color just not good...and a few stones missing.

But I like the style..I think it is pretty.

Anyway, here's a pic

Thanks for looking

Lorraine
 

Attachments

  • Picture 7066.webp
    Picture 7066.webp
    83.7 KB · Views: 653
Upvote 0
Re: Some you win....some you lose. Check out this "bogus" ring that I found this A.M

Bet it made the heart race at first.
 
Re: Some you win....some you lose. Check out this "bogus" ring that I found this A.M

thump, thump, thump the heart says. Then oh ---- it isn't gold....But still cool looking......Matt
 
Re: Some you win....some you lose. Check out this "bogus" ring that I found this A.M

Well it sure looks nice, much better than a bobby pin.

What kind of gloves do you use ?

I have no affiliation with this company but SealSkinz makes some very nice glove for working in and around water. I hunted last week and the water temps was 54-55 deg. and my hands never were cold.

James
 
Re: Some you win....some you lose. Check out this "bogus" ring that I found this A.M

You still managed to clean it up Lorraine! :thumbsup:
 
Re: Some you win....some you lose. Check out this "bogus" ring that I found this A.M

Texcam said:
Well it sure looks nice, much better than a bobby pin.

What kind of gloves do you use ?

James, I forgot the name, but they look similar to ski gloves with "Thinsulate" inside.

They are effective in the really cold temps but only if I wear another pair of gloves inside them. For temps over 28*, they are effective by themselves.

I am always l searching for better quality gloves, but the ones I have come across as so expensive;

I will check out your suggested brand.

Thank you,
Lorraine
 
Re: Some you win....some you lose. Check out this "bogus" ring that I found this A.M

That is a nice looking ring Lorraine......
Maybe the next one will be the real deal.
GL and HH Gold Nuggets :hello:
 
Re: Some you win....some you lose. Check out this "bogus" ring that I found this A.M

Lorraine,

I also use a pair of silk glove liners when I wear gloves in dry situations the silk really helps keep your hands warm.

James
 
Re: Some you win....some you lose. Check out this "bogus" ring that I found this A.M

Texcam said:
Lorraine,

I also use a pair of silk glove liners when I wear gloves in dry situations the silk really helps keep your hands warm.

James

Thanks for that tip , James....I'm going to try that.

It was 19* at the beach this morning, but no wind. It was fun out there.

Lorraine
 
Re: Some you win....some you lose. Check out this "bogus" ring that I found this A.M

Congrats! When ever I un earth A ring I keep thinking it's the stone I'm after ,not the metal :laughing7:
 
Re: Some you win....some you lose. Check out this "bogus" ring that I found this A.M

better than a pulltab!
 
Re: Some you win....some you lose. Check out this "bogus" ring that I found this A.M

Well it may not be what we are all looking for but I'd been happy with it. WTG! :wink: I think it's pretty.
 
Re: Some you win....some you lose. Check out this "bogus" ring that I found this A.M

Still all in all its a nice ring find anyways...woulda had me going too.. :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom