Ccarson

Dec 20, 2014
El Monte,Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites mxt pro,surf pi pro,trx pinpointer
Minelab eureka
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sunday I hit my new spot and got the mercury with 4 wheats. Well today I hit the same area and was rewarded with a few more wheats then the Washington showed up at the bottom of the same hill I hit the last time when I got that little volleyball charm. Not sure how I missed it. But today I went up the hill instead of going downhill. So maybe the difference in direction was the reason I missed it because further up the hill I got a strange hit that had a high tone in it so I started to clear off the top layer of pine needles and I herd the tone even more clearly and louder. Poking around with my pinpointer revealed a wheat. Strange not what I was expecting. Recheck the hole and there’s more. Pinpoint around and another wheat. ??? Poke around abit more and ther she is. A 1945 s walker. But wait yet another wheat. Nice I can’t believe I missed these. So I finished up the day with a total of 10 wheats the Washington and the walker. This place is beautiful but I was getting lonely and started making friends with the local crows. Good luck and happy hunting everyone. Thanks for looking 057D718A-9B40-4A88-B5E9-F8CD2FC64AF0.jpeg

Upvote 32

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on some great finds and get back there!

CalReg

May 3, 2020
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000, Simplex, Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice...congrats!

grasshopper

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2007
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!! I've definitely found that if you're in an area that you know might have some good stuff, it's a great idea to grid from every direction. Sometimes a target will sound like nothing one way, but make just enough of a good tone the other way to convince you to dig it.

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice!!!! I think it’s the year of the walker, everyone is finding them. I got 2 so far this year, 1919-s and a 1944. Congrats on the big silver

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SWEET Silver!!!:occasion14:

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
Super nice haul. Need any help? I can book a flight.

OP
OP
C

Ccarson

Dec 20, 2014
El Monte,Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites mxt pro,surf pi pro,trx pinpointer
Minelab eureka
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone. I get really excited when I find big silver. The place I’m hunting is just a campsite. Not sure why they would be carrying such big silver. Well I was hunting I overheard a hiker tell his friends that he used to sled down the same hill I was hunting. Nice. Lots of area still left to detect. I’ll be back out there tomorrow after some yard work. If anyone local wants to join me hit me up. Sorry no gold in ny but I don’t think you’ll find enough to pay for your flight.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't really wanna Pinch You :tongue3: Your Not my Type I'm Sure :laughing7:

But Nice Chunk of change there !

Those Walkers do Look Gigantic when they First Pop into sight :coffee2:

Congrats ! :occasion18: