What's new

Someone call 911...

FingerGrime

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2009
Messages
814
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kentucky
I think I had a heart attack.
I picked up a fresh bag of nickels on Friday (along with a box of nickels and dimes). I didn't get around to the bag of nickels until today.
Anyways, I found as many pre-60s in this one bag as I did for the entire month of July! I got 241 in a single bag. Before today, my highest was 49 for a bag and 54 for a box. Unfortunately I didn't get any new coins for my Dansco, but I did get several nice upgrades.
Strange thing is, I got absolutely no war nickels! Typically I get one for every forty or so pre-60s. It seems reasonable to assume that whoever had these nickels pulled out the war nickels.
Regardless, I plan on hitting up the bank again on Monday and buying all of their bags that fill up (in hopes of getting some wheats and silvers).

Here is the breakdown:
1939x7,1940x15,1940Dx3,1941x16,1941Dx5,1941S,1942x2,1946x18,1946D,1947x11,1947Dx4,1947Sx2,
1948x10,1948Dx5,1949x6,1949Dx3,1951,1951D,1952x5,1952D,1952S,1953x4,1953Dx8,1954x6,
1954Dx20,1954S,1955Dx10,1956x4,1956Dx5,1957x2,1957Dx17,1958Dx22,1959x2,1959Dx22

Pics:
IMG_1591.webp
















































Oh, by the way, I also found an 1868 Shield Nickel!!!!!!
IMG_1589.webp
IMG_1582.webp
 
Upvote 0
That reminds me of my dime collection I found a month ago. Rare find with that shield nickel that may be a first that I have seen on this forum.

Golden Silver
 
Fingergame is fire burning on the nickle rolls..... He fire burnin fire burnin on the nickle rolls....
 
Awesome shield nickel! There aren't many of those found by members of this board. I think I hear about 1 or 2 a year.
Brian
 
coinmojo said:
Fingergame is fire burning on the nickle rolls..... He fire burnin fire burnin on the nickle rolls....

Why would you know that song? It's seared into my brain..........
 
Cherryman68 said:
coinmojo said:
Fingergame is fire burning on the nickle rolls..... He fire burnin fire burnin on the nickle rolls....

Why would you know that song? It's seared into my brain..........

That's what started playing in my head when I read the title.
 
Mine too I hear it 12 times a day at work. Then this other song about some girl not named stacy who gets called a lot of names and none of them are her name.

I swear to the silver gods I would trade every find past and future to never hear those songs again
 
A lot opf people save them just like wheat pennies. Not overly valuable now but might bring a small premium in the future. At least that's why I do.
 
Well, overall they tend to be lower in mintage. '60 is just kind of a made-up cutoff, but it works for me.
 
lol so sick
at first i was like whats he gettion so pumped about there just pre 60's
that shield is ill
first ive ever seen on here
i got my one and only V and almost fainted this yr
 
$0.05 cents coins are not my speciality

Dw
 
I think I would have wet myself if I had found that!
That's pretty sweet! :o
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom