What's new

Someone call 911...

FingerGrime

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2009
Messages
814
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kentucky
I think I had a heart attack.
I picked up a fresh bag of nickels on Friday (along with a box of nickels and dimes). I didn't get around to the bag of nickels until today.
Anyways, I found as many pre-60s in this one bag as I did for the entire month of July! I got 241 in a single bag. Before today, my highest was 49 for a bag and 54 for a box. Unfortunately I didn't get any new coins for my Dansco, but I did get several nice upgrades.
Strange thing is, I got absolutely no war nickels! Typically I get one for every forty or so pre-60s. It seems reasonable to assume that whoever had these nickels pulled out the war nickels.
Regardless, I plan on hitting up the bank again on Monday and buying all of their bags that fill up (in hopes of getting some wheats and silvers).

Here is the breakdown:
1939x7,1940x15,1940Dx3,1941x16,1941Dx5,1941S,1942x2,1946x18,1946D,1947x11,1947Dx4,1947Sx2,
1948x10,1948Dx5,1949x6,1949Dx3,1951,1951D,1952x5,1952D,1952S,1953x4,1953Dx8,1954x6,
1954Dx20,1954S,1955Dx10,1956x4,1956Dx5,1957x2,1957Dx17,1958Dx22,1959x2,1959Dx22

Pics:
IMG_1591.webp
















































Oh, by the way, I also found an 1868 Shield Nickel!!!!!!
IMG_1589.webp
IMG_1582.webp
 
Upvote 0
Great find Mr. Grime!!! :icon_thumleft:
 
they started to make war nickels in 1942 so the ones you have may well be war nickels.
 
Great shield you found there. Nice find.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom