Someone experienced with Whites Classic I

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
What I'm looking for in another users interpretation of the tones. For example. It's a single tone machine. Most coins and jewelry that I find are identified by two beeps as the coil passes over the coin, to a depth of about 4 or 5 inches. Pennies are incredibly loud on this machine. Pull tabs sound similar. Nails tend to have a distorted single beep, so I can avoid them fairly easily unless I'm looking for old nails. Most loud single beeps I've dug turned out to be garbage, scrap iron and such. My concern however, is the the double beep associated with coins and jewelry and how it relates to the depth of the item. Specifically, would it degrade to a single beep as the item got deep and the likelihood that I would pass up a deeper item thinking it was junk? Or perhaps, I'm misinterpreting the sounds that machine makes. The manual never mentions a double beep. But I'm finding good stuff. Anyone that has used this machine for any length of time, would be familiar with it enough to discuss how they resolved the tones.

Thanks

HH

Bury a few items in the back yard and sweep them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back