What's new

Someone got scalped today

jonhls

Full Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2006
Messages
210
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
I realize this is not crh but had to post these.Went to flea market this morning looking for cheap silver fix,Found a small sterling knife for a buck,then 3 spoons marked 925{sterling} for $.75,thought i was doing pretty well.WEnt into next building and was brousing coin dealers display,On far side of his table was 3 display cases and sign undernear said anything is these 3 cases 2.50-3.00 each.well i picked up few nice coins cheap.
1940 walker 2-1897,1-1898,2-1899 1-1900 1-1901 2 1902-o 1 1903-o 1 1905s 1 1906d 1 1906o 4-1907 d 2-1907o,1-1907s,1 1908o,2-1908s,3-1908d,11911d,2-1911s,1-1912s,1-1912,2-1912d,2-1915d
total was 35 barber halves and 1 walker for 90 bucks.They are all in g-4 a few might be vg-8 but barely and all are in the hard plastic cases.Guy said he will refill case for tomorrow so guess where ill be at 8 am lol.THe guy had 20 display cases everything else was marked ok.....i wish i knew more about the quarters and dimes that were in the case with the halfs im sure there were some great buys....im thinkin i might just buy all the quaters tomorrow for 2.50 each just in case theres a good date.Overall is my best flea market find ever...hh jon
 
Upvote 0
Even though it is not CRH I'm glad you posted it. I think you got a fantastic deal ! :thumbsup: Post more good buys as you get them.
 
It takes 6 quarters to make an ounce Silver seeing Spot is 14.78, 6 Quarters @ 2.50 equal $15, not as good a deal as the other stuff you got.

Where is this place anyway, I wont tell, promise. ;D
 
You should empty your bank account and buy any 90% silver half you can get for $3.50. As long as they are real and not counterfiet, you are getting them at a steal. You can get $5 each just for the silver at a reputable coin dealer. Even the quarters at $2.50 are a fair deal in that it is worth the silver in them, but not as good a deal as the halves.

I should start going to flea markets. I have never been to one but I hear stories like this often.

Jim
 
Im just hoping he replenishes the halves tonight...ill prolly try to get him to 2 bucks a piece on the quarters but i think the only way ill get that is if the wife or kid waits on me....the guy that runs the booth has to know better...but then again i was there 2 hours after he opened and still scored 36.I cant believe no-one caught them.Ill update tomorrow if i get any more.
 
jonhls said:
Im just hoping he replenishes the halves tonight...ill prolly try to get him to 2 bucks a piece on the quarters but i think the only way ill get that is if the wife or kid waits on me....the guy that runs the booth has to know better...but then again i was there 2 hours after he opened and still scored 36.I cant believe no-one caught them.Ill update tomorrow if i get any more.

My wife went to a yard sale today where the guy had several hundred Silver coins out and was putting them away when she saw him- he said no one was interested in them, she told him I was & would like to look at them so will next Saturday when go to MO for week; she is new to the Silver game & is nervous about buying what she don't understand.
 
I see good condition barbers sell for 7 dollars on ebay all the time. Ya did good.

Golden Silver
 
obediah said:
jonhls said:
Im just hoping he replenishes the halves tonight...ill prolly try to get him to 2 bucks a piece on the quarters but i think the only way ill get that is if the wife or kid waits on me....the guy that runs the booth has to know better...but then again i was there 2 hours after he opened and still scored 36.I cant believe no-one caught them.Ill update tomorrow if i get any more.

My wife went to a yard sale today where the guy had several hundred Silver coins out and was putting them away when she saw him- he said no one was interested in them, she told him I was & would like to look at them so will next Saturday when go to MO for week; she is new to the Silver game & is nervous about buying what she don't understand.


Have your wife look at this link the day she goes. If she can get the 90% coins for 10% less than current posted prices, good deal, if 20% or more less than current, great deal. Be careful of old silver dollars (esp. Morgans), in that there are alot of fake Chinese ones floating around that look real from what I am reading. A coin collector can probably tell the difference if careful, but your wife probably would not. Better to stick to halves, quarters and dimes if unsure.

http://www.coinflation.com/silver_coin_values.html

Jim
 
jim4silver said:
You should empty your bank account and buy any 90% silver half you can get for $3.50. As long as they are real and not counterfiet, you are getting them at a steal. You can get $5 each just for the silver at a reputable coin dealer. Even the quarters at $2.50 are a fair deal in that it is worth the silver in them, but not as good a deal as the halves.

I should start going to flea markets. I have never been to one but I hear stories like this often.

Jim thats funny. i have found just the opposite to be true. at least where coins are concerned. usually coin sellers there have junk pieces.marked way up. like regular ikes for 3 to 5. or reg halves at 2 to 3. indian cents for 3 or whatever.
 
i would be willing to bet that they are all fake. My swap meet sells them to , but they are all fake.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom