What's new

Someone lost a Fisher CZ-21 Metal Detector washed up on beach

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2009
Messages
2,804
Reaction score
99
Golden Thread
0
Location
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son calls me from Robert Moses state park and tells me he found washed up in the waves at the ocean beach a Fisher CZ-21 Metal Detector he says it looks new it had no phones and the batteries where dead he don't MD so next time hes out this way he,s going to bring it ,strange someone would lose that :dontknow: maybe i can trace it through the serial numbers . Do drivers use those ? Dd60
 
Upvote 0
More than likely just forgotten and left on the beach at low tide, washed out when the tide came in and redeposited on the beach. Nice find :icon_thumleft:
 
I suppose you's don't know if it was turned on
or off when found ?

Odds are if on, when lost it was accidental
& The water probably Fried it.

IF It was off, it was probably thrown in on purpose
by Owner or Thief, or washed off the beach.
& May work
if dried completly.
After being rinsed throughly with Drinking water.
if found in salt water, it will Carrode if you don't get the salt
out.
 
jeff of pa said:
I suppose you's don't know if it was turned on
or off when found ?

Odds are if on, when lost it was accidental
& The water probably Fried it.

IF It was off, it was probably thrown in on purpose
by Owner or Thief, or washed off the beach.
& May work
if dried completly.
After being rinsed throughly with Drinking water.
if found in salt water, it will Carrode if you don't get the salt
out.

I doubt someone angry with their machine would bother to turn it off before chucking it into the water. ;D
 
Smudge said:
jeff of pa said:
I suppose you's don't know if it was turned on
or off when found ?

Odds are if on, when lost it was accidental
& The water probably Fried it.

IF It was off, it was probably thrown in on purpose
by Owner or Thief, or washed off the beach.
& May work
if dried completly.
After being rinsed throughly with Drinking water.
if found in salt water, it will Carrode if you don't get the salt
out.

I doubt someone angry with their machine would bother to turn it off before chucking it into the water. ;D

I doubt anyone would chuck their machine in the water.
on or off.

they would more then likely store it away
or sell it
 
hmmm... doubting someone would intentionally destroy or throw a piece of expensive equipment because of frustration?

you obviously don't golf! ;D

I remember watching my Brother-in-law wrap a $500 driver around a tree because the club was "obviously" broken because the ball wouldn't go straight... And I remember watching a PGA tour professional toss an ENTIRE set of brand new Ping clubs, bag included, into the water hazard... all out of frustration
steve
 
spez401 said:
hmmm... doubting someone would intentionally destroy or throw a piece of expensive equipment because of frustration?

you obviously don't golf! ;D

I remember watching my Brother-in-law wrap a $500 driver around a tree because the club was "obviously" broken because the ball wouldn't go straight... And I remember watching a PGA tour professional toss an ENTIRE set of brand new Ping clubs, bag included, into the water hazard... all out of frustration
steve

I wasn't including Spoiled Brats in my Comment :D
 
I can't imagine anyone just leaving a unit like that in the water, or anyone getting so fed up with their lack of success that they would just throw it away.

My geuss is that the owner was washed out to sea by a Riptide. Pretty sad if that is the case!

I would go to Fisher and try to get ahold of the owner, if anything, just to find out the whole story.

Doesn't sound good if you ask me! Just gives us more creedance for purchasing a good inflatable life vest.


Ralph
 
jeff of pa said:
spez401 said:
hmmm... doubting someone would intentionally destroy or throw a piece of expensive equipment because of frustration?

you obviously don't golf! ;D

I remember watching my Brother-in-law wrap a $500 driver around a tree because the club was "obviously" broken because the ball wouldn't go straight... And I remember watching a PGA tour professional toss an ENTIRE set of brand new Ping clubs, bag included, into the water hazard... all out of frustration
steve

I wasn't including Spoiled Brats in my Comment :D
:laughing9: :laughing9:
 
Maybe it was left on the tailgate and driver took off leaving machine behind.....Not hard to do. HH
 
TexasDigger1 said:
Maybe it was left on the tailgate and driver took off leaving machine behind.....Not hard to do. HH

yep !
I'v propped mine against the back of my Jimmy.
got to talking, forgot about it,
Backed up over it, Then Pulled out & Got
a mile away before I Realized it one time.
 
The whole point of beach and water detecting is to find things that people lose. Why is it so difficult to believe that this could have been lost? Just this week people have posted a loop, coil covers, and a trenching tool that they found on the beach. When I lived and worked on the beach, it wasn't unusual to find beach umbrellas, cooler, and chairs. You have all found towels, clothing, and perscription glasses.

My buddy found a shotgun in a duck blind. I know plenty of people who have lost $1000 + fishing combos overboard. People are careless and accidents happen. Imagine losing a gold coin in the 1800's. We all depend on these occasions to make our hobby more exciting.

A new water hunter may not have had a bungee on their machine and let it go to retrieve a target or been knocked over by a wave. We all know how fast an item can move away in any kind of current. Maybe the head phones got snagged on something and just ripped out. I'm sure our community would have heard of some water detector going missing off the coast.

Thanks for reading my babble.

-Fathead
 
As for someone not mentioning this, I am amazed at the guys that don't own a computer or even read a treasure magazine because it takes away from their profit. An believe it or not there are people out there that don't tell anyone when they do something stupid. We are people and make mistakes. It is worse when someone points at you and laughs. I get so tired of that. :laughing7:
 
Let get real here. The fact that the headphones are gone is important. Why? Because it highly probable they were not accidentally removed. Try to pull one apart, they are made tough. If they are gone they were ripped apart on purpose or by an uncommon accident. If the headphones were ripped out this may be why it was discarded.

Comments anyone? Just remember that until someone actually admits ownership and gives the real story all comments are just opinions and guesses. Be kind here.

Ed D.
 
I believe it was at Siesta Key, but Ed lost his SeaHunter II, taken out to sea by the current that almost took him too.

I imagine the Fisher was ripped away from someone who was water hunting but I wouldn't doubt that someone may have thrown it out in the water mad that they weren't finding anything....not finding anything seems to be a typical hunt for me lately :tongue3:

My last four years of beach hunting has brought me to witness many strange things. I can't believe all of the good stuff that people leave behind: tents, towels, beach toys, masks, duffel bags, umbrellas, water scooters, unopened cans of beer (I know it breaks Cotton's heart to see an abandoned beer :laughing9:), and not to forget the really good stuff like GOLD.
 
ABANDONED BEER?! Now that is alcohol abuse!

Born2detect is right in saying that we'll never know until someone comes forward and claims the detector.

But... it sure is fun to speculate...

Maybe while night detecting some 92 year old woman, who has a scoop attached to the bottom of her cane, was jumped by 3 armed thugs, and in the ensuing scuffle, one of the thugs pulled a knife and cut the phones from her head. After walloping the three punks, she continues detecting, only to find out that her phones are cut, and in a fit of disgust, tosses the detector into the ocean, goes back and beats the thugs some more, and then uses her cane-scoop to dig a hole for the bodies.... It could happen
 
It also could have fallen off of a boat close to shore in deep water and the swell may have driven it in towards the shore.

When my ex-wife and I were on our honeymoon in Tahiti back in 1990, my ex found a waterproof Nikonos underwater film camera in about 20 feet of water in excellent condition. When we got home we developed the film inside. There were a bunch of pictures of an Asian couple in their over-the-water bungalow, then pictures of them in an outrigger canoe. The last picture was taken by the gal of the husband putting his mask and snorkel on. We think that they dropped the camera in water that was just too deep for them to dive down and retrieve it. Back in the day, those cameras were pricey.
 
Got a friend who Hunts that beach, he's told me the waves can average 4 to 8 feet , and that's over your head 4 to 8 feet. My guess, New Hunter, CZ21, Last Augusts after Hurricane Bill they may have got caught up in a bad wave or rip and lost it. ..here part of a email from my long island buddy after the storm.........

On the east end of the same beach, about 3 miles away, where the state park beach touches the Federal Fire Island seashore – last night they got 83 SILVER mercs and quarters – some sitting on top of the sand plus gold – unreal that I missed that spot – one hunter lost his gear in the surf anyway – this AM – cuts were gone, beach had sanded in some and only got a small silver ring – missed a nice old gold ring with opal (found by my buddy) by walking in the wrong lane maybe 5-8’ away…

Only thing, were the 21's out last Aug.........?
 
a post upline is looking for a sand scoop. Should we tell him to camp out on the beach where the CZ washed up and wait? :sign13:
 
also at siesta key. at turtle beach someone lost a brand new excalibur. fisherman hooked the next day.i cant remember if that person got it back
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom