What's new

Something cool...........

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2006
Messages
1,369
Reaction score
67
Golden Thread
0
Location
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
but I have no idea what it is. It looks to be made of copper (rang in as copper) I found it at a site that has given up coins from the 1700's but also was a horse track in the later 1800's. Any idea's ?
 

Attachments

  • MVC-022S.webp
    MVC-022S.webp
    38.2 KB · Views: 400
  • MVC-024S.webp
    MVC-024S.webp
    40.4 KB · Views: 395
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Keiser, use the present tense my friend, "it IS cool"! I'm certain that is what it is after seeing the second pic I posted. Congratulations!
 
Upvote 0
Thanks Johnnyi,well dont that just beat all.That IS cool and a very good job at id'ing ! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
That is a pretty amazing ID johnnyi :notworthy: Cool find too :headbang:

Mike
 
Upvote 0
Great find there! Johnnyi is right on with the ID. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Thanks y'all. I thought for sure this was going to be a tuff one to figger out...but thanks to the good folks like Johnnyi here at tnet I can now get a better idea of the history of the site I'm searching.I've found other clues to what may have been going on at this site and it's realy got me thinking. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Wow! Super cool! As others said - sword hand guard. More specifically from a "smallsword". Highly fashionable between mid 17th and late 18th century.

What is the image? It looks like a guy riding a mermaid... :icon_scratch: :dontknow:

DCMatt

Here is a sword with a similar type guard:

18thCenturySmallSword2L.jpg
 
Upvote 0
"hello:Tell us johnnyi. how did you know? have you seen this item before? "

No Trader, I've never seen a fragment like this before. I've seen swords in books and museums though, and it was the hilt-like shape and the size of the indentation which was the give away on this cool relic. I'm just glad there was another similar fragment on the web to substantiate what this one was exactly. Thanks.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks all.....not sure what the image is but looks like someone sitting on a mermaid or seaserpent of some sort.I got back there today....no luck on anymore of the hilt but I did find a 1797 LC and another coin that I am about to post in the what is it section.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom