What's new

Something I have been reluctant to do.................

tford62

Jr. Member
Joined
May 1, 2008
Messages
86
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Late last yr my wife bought me a "Lesche like" dagger type digger, with one serated edge. Up until then I had always, for my one yr of dirt fishing, just used a trowel and dug a round plug. I was reluctant to use the knife as I found the trowel easier to use and I wondered if it would be frowned upon to have something that could be construed as a weapon in parks and playgrounds. Earlier this week I saw a video on how to properly use a knife to dig a target and it looks like it leaves the grass in better condition than I do with the trowel, even though I do my best to not leave it very noticible that a hole was dug. So, today, I went to two of my haunts and used the knife, and was pleased with the way my plugs looked after I was done. However, I have to wonder, has anyone ever been asked to leave their Lesche or knife at home when they dig in their neighborhood park? Am I just paranoid? Thanks for your thoughts and experiences. HH, T.
 
All I use is the Lesche and have never had any problems with it anywhere I have gone.

It is the best digging tool around IMO and I wouldn't hunt without it.
 
Heck, I used a WWII Mauser bayonet until I got a decent digging tool and no one ever said a word to me. Sometime it felt comfortable when I was getting the evil eye from transients. Of course I had my backup grave digger concealed in my belt, a S&W .45 ACP! Oh, I have a concealed carry permit to go with it. M :wink: nty
 
Color me paranoid. LOL Thanks for the input guys. T.
 
Talk about paranoid . . .

I have been using a trowel too, and I'm thinking of switching to
the knife-like cutter. Why? Because there are sometimes some
shady characters in the park and you know they won't come near 8)
you if you have something that looks like a weapon.
So, maybe being paranoid ain't so bad. :icon_pirat:
 
Because there are sometimes some
shady characters in the park and you know they won't come near
you if you have something that looks like a weapon. quote



mmmmmm as I said in my above post "no problems" :wink:
 
I have a Lesche and never encountered a problem.

Now, if I encountered someone wandering in the park or school grounds flashing ONLY a Lesche with no metal detector, I would be alarmed!
 
Out here in Denver, that's the minimum that we "pack".
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom