batcap
Hero Member
- Joined
- Jun 22, 2010
- Messages
- 684
- Reaction score
- 131
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Baltimore MD
- Detector(s) used
- AT PRO
- #1
Thread Owner
Looks good to mebatcap said:Me: " How much is this?"
Her: "Hmmm, $2?"
Me: "Ok."

cyberdan said:Looks good to mebatcap said:Me: " How much is this?"
Her: "Hmmm, $2?"
Me: "Ok."
but you have to test to be sure.
two days ago I saw a bracelet (heavy mans) marked ITALY & 14k
she only wanted 50¢, I took the gamble and lost
tested it when I got home, FAKE
even though it said ITALY I am sure it came from the land of the wonton.
some day I will have a yard sale and let someone offer me $1 & I will get $2and make money on it.
But who would want to coat pretty gold
Not picking on your find just want to know if you made a steal of a deal or notDo I see a GT3000??batcap said:You guys started making me nervous, and when my first readings were only in the double digits I was afraid you were right. I started getting good readings AFTER I filed it down a bit. It must be coated.
cyberdan said:Do I see a GT3000??batcap said:You guys started making me nervous, and when my first readings were only in the double digits I was afraid you were right. I started getting good readings AFTER I filed it down a bit. It must be coated.
good machine, wouldn't leave home without mine.
As crazy said, let a jeweler look at it. I once had a heavy mans chain that tested real funny sometimes low (not gold) sometimes high (14K) I took it to my local GOLD4LESS place and they had the same problem but offered my around $85. I should have sold it because I sent it to ARA and got a check for $6 something. It was gold filled.
batcap said:...then retested both in the spot I filed and other places. It consistently comes up in the 14K range both at the surface and where I filed it. I have no doubts that it is 14K gold.