What's new

Sometimes you just get skunked.....

fongu

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2012
Messages
1,342
Reaction score
879
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to the river last week or the week before and was wearing my chest waders and couldn't get out too far. Found quite a few 22 bullets, casings, pull tabs and pop tops. What really surprised me was finding this diabetic syringe about 5 feet from where everybody enters and exits the swim park.
Didn't find the needle but was getting a beep on it and it must have come off in my scoop and fell thru. Just a good idea to be careful out there.
Skunked 002 (Custom).webp
 
Upvote 0
Those syringes so dangerous ! I found one last week right on top of the sand.

Good luck on your next time out, fongu, and thanks for the post and pic.

Lorraine
 
I like hunts like that because you can learn the target history of the locations. Good Job I think, specially on the little stuff which can be very time consuming for me...:thumbsup:
 
Glad you didn't get poked by the needle. I went out last Sunday and also got skunked. A few coins, a toy car and lots of junk. Let me ask a dumb question - when you use waders, how do you use the scoop? Do you get your arms wet?
 
Yes, I get my arms wet up to about the elbows, but wear 2.0 under armor tops & bottoms and socks. Went to a local park today and found my 4th silver coin this year, even tho I lost two of them after finding them. This coin was unusual for me, a 1945-D US/Philippine 10 centavos coin. Didn't even know there was such a coin. My photos didn't turn out good so I copied photos from the internet.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31IiKwTtFgL.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/411wXQseUtL.jpg
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom