somthing or nothing?

SilverChaz

Tenderfoot
Mar 14, 2014
Upstate, South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi ya'll. I am very new to this hobby and would like some expert opinions. I picked this up off of a gravel road in an area where lots of quarts points have been found. To me it looks like it was smooth and even at one time, and it has been cracked and chipped by vehicles driving over it, but I really have no idea.

I don't care that much if it is one or not since it is not nice looking, but it would be good to know if I should go back and check for more.
Thanks -SilverChaz

1.JPG 2.JPG
3.JPG

Upvote 0

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can see is a broken piece of quartz, some of the others that handle quartz all the time might know

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like its thick. Might be a broken rock or it might be a reduction piece. Never hurts to have a second look.

OP
OP
SilverChaz

SilverChaz

Tenderfoot
Mar 14, 2014
Upstate, South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. I think that I have been looking at it for to long, so now I can't tell anything. I am just really paranoid about getting rid of rocks because I might find out that they were something good later. I guess that I will be able to see more with experience. I almost threw out my first arrowhead before I realized what it was.

Thanks for the comments.

GroundS.KeepeR

Jan 25, 2009
Tennessee
If lots of points are being found , then yes keep looking :thumbsup:. And I know what your talking about, wanting to keep everything that looks good. When I first started this hobby , I also kept everything . I remember when I found my first civil war bullet , I almost got rid of it. Good luck on your next hunt..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread