What's new

Sort of buckle?

woody50

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2007
Messages
1,889
Reaction score
227
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this a few days ago, and have I think seen something like it someplace, but this is the first find.

Wondering what it is and which era it was made/used.

Any help appreciated!

Material Bronze
Measurement(mm) 19.6 x 59
The end without the gesp is raised.
 

Attachments

  • Unkown_resize.webp
    Unkown_resize.webp
    70.6 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Rope tensioner?

TarpTensionerMarie.webp

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Silver Searcher will know
 
Upvote 0
Medieval bridle bit?

medievalbridle bit.webp

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
Missed this, it is a 14th Century strap junction, horse.
 
Upvote 0
Missed this, it is a 14th Century strap junction, horse.
Hey Cru, thanks for the determination, I thought it was something like that but not sure, nice and old too.
Say what is your avatar, the object (if that is it) is too dark to see...? Made it a bit lighter, looks like to me a very nice coin weight, but one that I have never seen.
Thanks Earl
 

Attachments

  • avatar6644_1a.webp
    avatar6644_1a.webp
    888 bytes · Views: 291
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey Cru, thanks for the determination, I thought it was something like that but not sure, nice and old too.
Say what is your avatar, the object (if that is it) is too dark to see...? Made it a bit lighter, looks like to me a very nice coin weight, but one that I have never seen.
Thanks Earl
Princes of Antioch CRUSADER Coin (Silver Denier)
http://www.anythinganywhere.com/commerce/coins/coinpics/crus-antio-boh3-met400-03-1.jpg
Not one I found, but a treasured gift from distant family.
 
Upvote 0
Neat Cru, now I know where the name came from!
If I was you I would take another photo of the coin, and use the new photo....!
 
Upvote 0
Neat Cru, now I know where the name came from!
If I was you I would take another photo of the coin, and use the new photo....!

Its a black coin in good light, & I'm not cleaning, plus I have no photo software to lighten.
 
Upvote 0
Cru, sent you an email with some avatar's that I tried to improve.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom