Sound the claxons! Gold hath been found!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last time I found anything gold was in 1981 with my little White's Coinmaster 1. I have been seriously back in the hobby for over five years, and hunt several times a week. The curse has finally been broken, the burden lifted, the shame turned to joy. I took my wife on a date :laughing7: today, she actually enjoys detecting too, at our local schoolyard that has produced silver rings and an 1899 Barber this week. She found a risque man's wristwatch titled, "Romeo and Juliet", a local theme park token, a kid's ring, and a St. Louis Cardinals pin. I found a frog pendant, a volleyball pendant, a skeleton key pendant, a house key, and a gold band marked, "R.M.I. 10K." The ring weighs 2.1 grams and rang in at a solid 55 VDI on my ATPro at three inches. A great day of hunting in the balmy 70 degree weather here in SW Missouri. We also added $4.61 in clad to our donation fund. Thanks for looking and happy hunting to all. Sub 8-)

Attachments

• goldkidsring3.JPG
    goldkidsring3.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 208
  • goldkidsring2.JPG
    goldkidsring2.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 166
  • goldkidsring1.JPG
    goldkidsring1.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 168
Upvote 12
By the looks of it, they didn't have it on long! Variety is what I like! Great hunt

Sweet ring, a band is on my list, one I can get sized for me.My wife has claimed all the others but one.

That's a nice ring, but I'll have some of that 70-degree weather, please!

Excellent finds! Congrats to you.:laughing7:

Sweet! That's at the top of every treasure hunter's list! :treasurechest::thumbsup:

Awesome hunt you two had! Congrats on the gold!!!! The soccer ball pendant looks like silver too.

I was gold less all of 2014, I know what you mean. I blamed Murphy! Lol!

When the plows stop I'm gonna detect the snow piles, the ones I don't have to use climbing ropes to get to the top of!

Thanks Msbeepbeep, the volleyball pendant is very heavy, brass I believe, and has the cloisonne enamel on it. The loop at the top is broken and has tell-tale corrosion so probably not precious metal. Sub 8-)

That's a fun day playing in the dirt. I love this hobby!

Love the gold! It is very clean and bright. Nice luster.
TFS and HH!

You got exercise, time with a loved one and gold.
You can't beat that!

Congrats on the gold! Very nice finds.

To have the curse broken, the burden lifted and the shame turned to joy it must have been a very intimate date. Maybe you should do it more often.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back