What's new

South African Maps

pgill

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2005
Messages
1,258
Reaction score
22
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi there,

Does anybody have access or know where I can get maps for South Africa (old and new). I am trying to do some research of the Johannesburg and Westonaria areas.

God bless
Peter
 
Thanks Gypsyheart, wow you seem to be a www knowledge bank..... I will check these sites out.

God bless
Peter
 
Hi, I just saw this post and thought i would add my 2 rand....:)
You can go to the Gauteng govt web page and find maps there - depending on how recent you want they will have most digitized. If they dont come up in any obvious way, do a search within gauteng govza site for "risk" - If still no luck, I will find the links for you, let me know.
Also i might try the pretoria archives /kruger archives for older maps of joburg.
Lots of stuff I would guess over there waiting to be found in archives....
happy hunting,
Matador
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom