M mapper123 Jr. Member Joined Feb 6, 2007 Messages 79 Reaction score 23 Golden Thread 0 Location NW South Carolina Detector(s) used White's XLT, Fisher F2 Teknetics Delta 4000 Garrett ace350 Jun 12, 2015 Thread Owner #1 I dug this recently in upstate South Carolina. I know next to nothing about buttons & I am hoping someone can give me some insight as to age & potential use ( other than buttoning a jacket) ,I e office ,military ,etc. Attachments PICT0001.webp 512 KB · Views: 183 PICT0005.webp 307.1 KB · Views: 158
I dug this recently in upstate South Carolina. I know next to nothing about buttons & I am hoping someone can give me some insight as to age & potential use ( other than buttoning a jacket) ,I e office ,military ,etc.
ekeisler Sr. Member Joined Apr 6, 2013 Messages 494 Reaction score 638 Golden Thread 0 Jun 14, 2015 #2 That's a SC button from the civil war, issued to most SC troops during the Civil War.
R rovnrbl53 Jr. Member Joined Sep 29, 2011 Messages 98 Reaction score 14 Golden Thread 0 Jun 15, 2015 #3 many variants on CW South Carolina buttons and some are post war. Back mark is generally key. Try www.relicman.com for a good guide to CW buttons.
many variants on CW South Carolina buttons and some are post war. Back mark is generally key. Try www.relicman.com for a good guide to CW buttons.