What's new

South of Granite, CO

rginn

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
9,220
Reaction score
13,578
Golden Thread
0
Location
Summit County, CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lot of mining pits in this area along the Arkansas. I followed what I thought was a wagon road and then noticed old railroad ties. Lot of the road bed has been washed out on down south. Must have been producing pretty well if they had a spur line up there, or somebody had money to burn. That does explain the old bridge across the river south of there by Clear Creek.
 

Attachments

  • 4-10aa.webp
    4-10aa.webp
    157.4 KB · Views: 86
  • 4-10cc.webp
    4-10cc.webp
    147.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 4-10dd.webp
    4-10dd.webp
    162 KB · Views: 77
  • 4-10ee.webp
    4-10ee.webp
    154.3 KB · Views: 86
  • 4-10gg.webp
    4-10gg.webp
    128.4 KB · Views: 91
Wonderful photographs, RGINN.

What's the markings about? Any ideas?
 
Step off 80 paces south of this X and dig or look for another marker.....haha, just kidding. There's a BLM survey marker a few feet from it, so it's probably something to do with that. That took a little more work than the usual graffiti artist will go to, and I'd say it's less than 50 years old.
 
Well, I must admit, I was hoping you were on to something.
 
That is my favorite part of Colorado! Great pictures. My wife and I spent a summer camping in that area. There sure is a lot to explore. Lots of miners must have come through that part. I wish I had more time and was closer to that area. I have good memories of sneaking carefully down early in the cold to the river and surprising a few browns.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom