What's new

South Padre Island

chukers

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
1,824
Reaction score
147
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone hunt down in south Padre Island? I know it used to not be open to detectors... but I have heard it changed... anyone know?

Chukers
 
Upvote 0
Here is the reason why I was asking...

South Padre Island.webp
This Was This Weekend!!!
 
I think I just found out what I wanted to know...


As long as its not on the national seashore you'll be ok... look below...
 

Attachments

  • South Padre Island2.webp
    South Padre Island2.webp
    23.2 KB · Views: 1,876
I've never hunted South Padre but from the looks of the map, you should be ok, let us know how you do and good luck. John
 
Its been a few years since i was down there, but the state park didnt want you hunting. The county park.... which had a HUGE RV area and fishing, was putting in tons and tons of sand. Check with the state parks down there they should be able to tell you. I know they found a few gold coins down there.... i wasnt that lucky.

Dew
 
Were about an hour away from Galveston... was on the road for 8 hours... I doubt we'll go much further... that drive is a killer! I'll let everyone know how the hunt goes in Galveston.... Thanks


Chukers
 
I hunt South Padre and its a hit and miss, depending on the conditions. The beaches get packed they look like an ant pile when you stir it. I have pulled out some nice stuff, but you really have to work for it. Now on dry sand if you make it through the trash you might pull out some rings and lots of coins, but I hunt only in the water.
 
A lot of people seem to mix up Padre Island, and South Padre Island. They aren't the same place. East of Port Mansfield they cut a channel through the Island, which made it into two seperate Islands. The one north of the cut is Padre Island that goes up to the Corpus Christi area, and also has the National Sea Shore Park where metal detectors are illegal. South of the cut is South Padre Island, which does allow metal detectors. Hunt South Padre. Don't hunt Padre.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom