What's new

Southern California was shaking, rockin an a rollin... 5.1 Earhtquake!

golden sluice

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2013
Messages
475
Reaction score
225
Golden Thread
0
Location
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last night at 9:09 pm, an earthquake struck in la Habra california. It shook my house like a roller at first then it got nasty and began sharp jabbing shakes. I was on the throne at the time (the toilet). And things were falling out of the shelf on Top of me. The cats water bowl was sloshing water out on to the carpet. Car alarms were going off. Fire trucks sirens were sounded soon after. The house pipes were creaking and I was bracing the cabinets shut while wondering is this the beginning to the BIG ONE? Buena Park ca. was really shaking hard... hope we are done for the night. Ive been in 6.9 earthquakes before and this one, which was only a 5.1 felt like a monster. It lasted for over 30 seconds long and scared everyone here . This was a scarier and harder than the hector mine quake in my opinion. We have had some quakes here in the past week, but this one was a doozy.We are still having 2.0 aftershocks even as I write this thread now. Im not going to get much sleep tonight.
 
Last edited:
holy crap
sure it not the gas company franking for riches
thems bums
sounds like a padded dog training suit is in order
 
golden sluice,

Crazy as it might sound I was 80ft up a tower in Torrance and never felt it. A couple of the other guys noticed and were talking about it. Otherwise I would never have known. Glad everything is OK.

Mike
 
Drat! Now all of those silver coins will end up several inches deeper.
 
I'm down on the Oceanside/Carlsbad border (70 miles south of La Habra) and felt and commented on it at the time-though no one else in the family felt it.
Don.....
 
I was in CA for an earthquake in the 70's... hated it. Never know when it's coming, how strong its going to be and you are always caught by surprise and off guard.

I'll take a known hurricane with a weeks warning any day over the unknown.

Hopefully you won't be finding yourself owning beachfront property anytime soon...
 
oh no, hope everyone was okay. That would have scared the crap out of me. I have never been in an earthquake.
 
My land in Arizona will soon be a seaport. Any buyers?
 
Naw... you will probably have a toxic wasteland just off your coast terminating at the Isle of Los Angeles...
 
Welcome to Arizona bay. Lol... oh and, learn to swim "zonie"
 
Orange county , two homes are red tagged. Water pipes busted on Rosecrans bvld. One apartment red tagged evacuated 50 people displaced. 100 aftershocks. The last one I felt was at 9:18 am today. It got my attention really quick. More expected today. It could of been worse.
 
??????More activity tonight... im getting tired of it. Its affecting my sleep. Weve had two quakes in the past 2 hours here. I just want these to finnally calm down. I hope the rain weather changes these stupid quakes. Arizona, you better get your surfboards waxed up. Cripes! another one just jolted here right now. It felt like a 2.5, Curse you Fullerton!
 
wow
golden sluice that's would get too me after a why all
stop shaking your leg your shaking the hole state would be my mother reply to me
but mom
I'm in traction
 
I'll bet crash Helmet sales are through the roof. Good luck out there.
 
Two-Bits-Goodbye_square3.webp...........Car is packed and headed east.......
 
At least here in Nebraska we have warnings when tornadoes are a coming!
 
About 233,000 square kilometers of western Nebraska, South Dakota, and border areas of Montana and Wyoming were jolted by a magnitude 5.1 earthquake shortly after 3 AM, March 28, 1964. Six hours earlier, a mild shock centered near Van Tassell, Wyoming, had been felt over a small portion of the same area. The early morning shock of March 28th caused many cracks in a road about 16 kilometers south of Merriman, Nebraska. Some steep banks along the Niobrara River tumbled (intensity VII). Plaster fell at Rushville, and part of a chimney toppled at Alliance. Slight damage was also reported at Martin and Deadwood, South Dakota. Broken goods in homes and stores were reported from various towns. The press reported that this shock was felt as far north as Alzada, Montana. YOUR SAFE FOR THE TIME BEING...
 
Hopefully it shook some gold loose too!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom