What's new

Southern Illinois Hardin Barbed I found as a kid

scuba1970

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2013
Messages
85
Reaction score
238
Golden Thread
1
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this beautiful kaolin chert Hardin barbed point as a kid. One of the most beautiful and well worked piece I've ever found. Was found in Union Co IL near town of Lick Creek.
 

Attachments

  • image-2584488726.webp
    image-2584488726.webp
    31.4 KB · Views: 121
  • image-4137370957.webp
    image-4137370957.webp
    27.7 KB · Views: 129
  • image-1282907769.webp
    image-1282907769.webp
    17.2 KB · Views: 119
Upvote 0
Thats a true heart breaker. Nice lithic
 
Very pretty point! :icon_thumleft: Thanks for sharing.
 
Hey Scuba, that is an awesome point. If it was mine, I'd have it restored.
 
Love the golden color. Fine specimen broke or not.
 
Thanks guys. I was lucky to grow up in a great area to hunt where we had such a wide range of site periods and area must have been loaded with master knapper a back then because most of the stuff found was beautifully made.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom