What's new

Soybean field hunt

Six S

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2019
Messages
31
Reaction score
126
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this guy trying to hide in the sloughed soybean leaves. Going to call it a preform but I have a long ways to go in my education in this hobby so please inform if incorrect. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1567050653.417307.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1567050745.760498.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1567051002.858562.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1567051031.095407.webp

The rest of these items were found within several feet of the larger piece. Is the triangle shaped one with the point a graver or just some worn out repurposed point?ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1567051061.264499.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1567051083.896680.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1567051108.156996.webp

As always, thanks for any help.
 
Upvote 0
Big piece was a flake core ; smaller, thinner ones are examples of flake tools/tools made on flakes.

FWIW
 
I used to hunt soybeans but way they are planted here it involves too much bending over moving plants to see ground. You have had a great success.
 
Pretty cool score
 
Well, a Scraper that has a very different cross-section than a Spent Core...
It's a complete tool....
You have fragments of projectile points and complete ones.
Colorful material there....but I approve! :icon_thumright:
 
Big piece was a flake core ; smaller, thinner ones are examples of flake tools/tools made on flakes.

FWIW

I think that is the most likely explanation too. I believe that material is "exotic" to your site, meaning either a lucky find, or brought in from some distance away. (Maybe the Bonnefont jasper from across the river?) But if you find a lot more stuff like that it could indicate a nearby jasper seam, which would be interesting.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom