IMG_2004.JPG IMG_2003.JPG IMG_1998.JPG IMG_1997.JPG IMG_1999.JPG

Found on a hike by river not at usual spot

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Looks like st nick was carved into that Native American farm implement too!

Exciting!!

does it fit the hand and have a spot for the thumb too?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems like a contest some days, but I can't tell by the pictures. The "sharp" end would have to have evidence of working to be man used.

Last edited:

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Laffer, paleo Americans were as smart as you or I. Can you see yourself tilling a garden with that? Please demonstrate.

jmaschal

May 29, 2015
Maryland
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think many others have made this point but leverage this forum for its purpose to learn. Invest time to read previous threads. If your even more inclined go to a local library and do some local reading. Please just educate yourself a little before posting rock after rock and getting the same answers. If you don’t do a little work on your end your just going to waste everyone’s time and collect a bunch of rocks.

OP
OP
G

Greg Lafla

May 30, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was probably my most Clovis like artifact and not from my usual site. I guess I am the worst artifact hunter ever.

OP
OP
G

Greg Lafla

May 30, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Laffer, paleo Americans were as smart as you or I. Can you see yourself tilling a garden with that? Please demonstrate.

You can see art and you doubt my opinion on this one. I don't really have any idea what kind of tool it is just trying to sound smart. I know someone manufactured it though, and you would to if you held it. You guys take pictures of rocks and know they don't translate, yet are still so quick to judge.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That was probably my most Clovis like artifact and not from my usual site. I guess I am the worst artifact hunter ever.

There isn't anything Clovis-like about that rock, as you are well aware. On the other hand, your posts get more replies than most legitimate posts. You're a STAR, Dude!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It isn't an artifact, there is nothing there showing it has been worked by man.

OP
OP
G

Greg Lafla

May 30, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is not possible that I could detect worked stone as you all can. I troll the internet and purchase strange rocks and bones to post here for a strange thrill it gives me. I then work them endlessly for days until they balance. Or peck faces into them with my ancient art skills. It makes me feel good about myself.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For clarification, I can't tell what your item is. "Clovis" refers to a culture which existed at least 9,000 years ago on the North American continent. They made finely worked spear points which are distinctive with flutes up the center on one or both sides, which can be exceptionally thin, and which have the bases and last bit of each side of the base ground so not to cut the leather pieces holding them to a spear shaft. Check out the net for more info. This is from memory, and my memory leaks these days.

Now "paleo", meaning old, is somewhat contemporary with the Clovis culture but does not necessarily only refer to that culture.

For a quick reference check out "clovis" on ebay and remember there are a lot of fakes out there.

OP
OP
G

Greg Lafla

May 30, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sir the forum is not called artifacts I can find in a book, that stone is worked whether you or anyone else can entertain the possibility

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indian Artifact Forum is for actual real North America Indian Artifacts, it is not for geofacts, rocks or minerals. Please stop posting rocks in the Artifact forums.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI, if a mod has to continuously delete a member's comments for violating TreasureNet rules they will find they lost the right to post at all for quite awhile.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread