What's new

Spam!

mile-ender

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2009
Messages
472
Reaction score
26
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lower Canada
Detector(s) used
BountyHunter fast tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, since I received the email that Tnet was going to be changing hands, I've been inundated with spam! ( maybe not inundated but got quite a few ). Anybody else having this problem? Is that what's going to happen now? Has my email just been sold? What's going on!?
 
I haven't received any here !!!!
 
None here either.. Wish I had some Spam to go with my eggs this morning too
 
You should not be receiving any spam from TreasureNet. We recently received a report from some members receiving spam. This individual was farming email addresses from members profiles, and sending spam advertising his t-shirt business. This is against the policy of TreasureNet, and this person has received a ban from posting for a period of time.
We encourage all our members to report these violations to the moderators so we can put a stop to this as soon as possible.
TreasureNet will not sell your email address, and this recent activity has nothing to do with the sale of TreasureNet.

Thanks for your support of TreasureNet

Tom
 
mile-ender said:
Okay, since I received the email that Tnet was going to be changing hands, I've been inundated with spam! ( maybe not inundated but got quite a few ). Anybody else having this problem? Is that what's going to happen now? Has my email just been sold? What's going on!?


I have received a few extra Metal Detecting themed spam e-mails. I suspect it's because the e-mail address is visible in the Profile.
 
Saturna said:
mile-ender said:
Okay, since I received the email that Tnet was going to be changing hands, I've been inundated with spam! ( maybe not inundated but got quite a few ). Anybody else having this problem? Is that what's going to happen now? Has my email just been sold? What's going on!?





I have received a few extra Metal Detecting themed spam e-mails. I suspect it's because the e-mail address is visible in the Profile.

Click on your Profile

choose:

Account Related Settings
Your username, and visibility settings.


put a Check in "

Hide email address from public?

Click:

CHANGE PROFILE

If you do this The Public will not
be able to see it.

You still Will
 
The day the urgent unexplained message and the lockout happened I had just finished reading it when my Norton anti virus put a message on the screen that said someone was trying to steal passwards. I disconnected. I don't know if the two events are related.
​
 
Saturna said:
mile-ender said:
Okay, since I received the email that Tnet was going to be changing hands, I've been inundated with spam! ( maybe not inundated but got quite a few ). Anybody else having this problem? Is that what's going to happen now? Has my email just been sold? What's going on!?


I have received a few extra Metal Detecting themed spam e-mails. I suspect it's because the e-mail address is visible in the Profile.
Thanks. I'm making the changes on my profile now
 
I use Micro Trend Internet Security and Anti Virus and i don't get any spam if the email address of any person is not on a list i do not get it plus any email i do get is scanned first to see if its infected so far its 100% full proof all the T-Net PM,s i receive go through . Dd60
 
jeff of pa said:
Click on your Profile

choose:

Account Related Settings
Your username, and visibility settings.


put a Check in "

Hide email address from public?

Click:

CHANGE PROFILE

If you do this The Public will not
be able to see it.

You still Will


Oh yes, I realize it can be hidden, but I leave it visible as a few members have e-mailed me for various reasons.
I would cloak it if spam started to be a problem, but it hasn't really been.
 
The only spam i ever got was when i had my e-mail showing in my profile
i recived a e-mail from THunting dot com
the person must be a member of t-net
 
My email has always been hidden and I do not receive spam because of T-Net. As far as wanting to stay in touch with friends on T-Net just use the mail function and if you are comfortable then send them your email through T-Net mail. No need to keep your email visible to the world.

NJ
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom