Greenie
Dec 18, 2017
NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

This is what I found yesterday. Does anybody have an idea how much this is worth?
20180525_105953.jpg 20180525_105946.jpg

Upvote 17
OP
OP
O

OJUICE

Greenie
Dec 18, 2017
NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya there. I found 5 8reales, which is my only banner find. There's not a snowballs chance in hell that I'd ever sell them, or say that they don't mean anything to me. I won't comment on whether or not I believe the OP's find is real or fake, but I will say, given his attitude, I couldn't spend more than 5 minutes in his company

It is hilarious how much you get judged on this platform. I am sure you would even spend more than 5 days with me but ok judge the book by it's cover... For anyone who feels offended by my weird sense of humor I am sorry but I otherwise thank you for positive comments. Moreover, I'd like to mention that I would not like to crush anybodies expections due to my number of coins that I posses according to the imagination of certain people here. I am just a lucky rookie, who does his research, and plans strategically. I would call a 'handful' of coins a great achievement or collection this is why I rather get back on track and start hunting. For anyone who wants to talk, can pm me.

Thank you.
Happy hunting!

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't finish reading the last posts, off to work....but I found an early 8 reale at Coin Beach Delaware a few weeks ago. I also found a FAKE Netherlands daadler or however you spell that at the same place at least 2 years ago. Tourists like to give us something to do. I had a blast figuring out it was not real though. Had me going for awhile. Those are about as big as an 8 reale.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found my first and only 1829 Spanish Mexican 8 Reales in a sidewalk strip. Unfortunately I found it before I got on TNET. People ask me how much is it worth? I always say Priceless. It was found 9” down a SOILD BLACK didn’t even know what it was until I worked on it when I got home. I almost died. I’ll never forget that day. IMG_1998.JPG IMG_1997.JPG

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'll'ed love to see the gold as well. But I think we maybe waiting awhile?

I used to have a strap-line that said;
Q. 'How do you find so many Gold Coins?'
A. 'By finding lots of silvers ones'

....and this coming from a guy that HAS found a lot of gold coins....

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is hilarious how much you get judged on this platform. I am sure you would even spend more than 5 days with me but ok judge the book by it's cover... For anyone who feels offended by my weird sense of humor I am sorry but I otherwise thank you for positive comments. Moreover, I'd like to mention that I would not like to crush anybodies expections due to my number of coins that I posses according to the imagination of certain people here. I am just a lucky rookie, who does his research, and plans strategically. I would call a 'handful' of coins a great achievement or collection this is why I rather get back on track and start hunting. For anyone who wants to talk, can pm me.

Thank you.
Happy hunting!

It's tongue in cheek. If I was out on a hunt with someone and found a fist full of Spanish silver, and the person I was hunting with dismissed it and said they didn't care about it, yep, 5 minutes is all I could stand. It's not being judgemental, it's speaking the truth. I LOVE history and cherish every old find. Does that mean you have to? No. What it does mean is that we obviously have two different opinions and attitudes when it comes to history. When personalities clash over a passion, neither one of us would last 5 days lol

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the forum. I can only find 8 reales at auctions, and gold coins after I have broken them. Keep on keepin' on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread