Spanish & KGC in the ozark mountains.

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1533503934.641315.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1533503952.223025.jpg found this rock that looks like it’s been split in two about hundred yards away. From the Knotted up tree

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1534652409.403766.jpg theres a line here. First one I found. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1534652482.153067.jpg second one I found. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1534652521.072489.jpg then this. They’re about a. Hundred yards apart. On around the the hill from here there’s a hole drilled all the way through a boulder sticking up out of the ground. My brothers and I found the boulder when I was around 15 years old. We were picking huckleberrys. There’s a lot of different trails here in this small area that just go many different ways. This is pretty bewildering

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
I’m going to have to do a lot of back tracking this winter. It’s harder to find things when the leaves are on and the floor of the woods is just covered in green.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wep...
Weekender and I have the same issue, and also had it go the other way.

We thought we could find our Royal Room again, but it backfired on us?!?!

But this new stuff that you have posted looks very promising!

Good stuff!

#/;0{>~

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The tree with the burl, looks like a rope or a vine may have been used to reshape the tree.

Makes me want to try that, somewhere that nobody would mess with it...

#/:0)|(

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
You know MIKEL now that you bring that up. I’ve seen we’re barb wire has made a burl on trees. They manipulated the trees with out realizing it. So it stands to reason that folks knew how to manipulate trees to what effect they desired.

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
It’s real funny how they are all in line with other trees and rocks. There’s no bent or manipulated trees off the line. I know of several spots you can follow one right after another in a strait line.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kinda sounds like you may have hot trail!

You would know if there were any older property lines.. right?

I’m thinking that you are working on family property... or do I have my wires crossed???

#/;0{>~

Last edited:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Do the trees, while in line point to things off of the line? If so, they may be the equivalent of exit signs on our interstate highway system. That is how a Native American would have done this. Point to a cave. Point to herbs / medicine, etc.

If they are all pointing the same trail, then probably not an old Indian trail.

sqaush

Feb 25, 2015
arkansas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s real funny how they are all in line with other trees and rocks. There’s no bent or manipulated trees off the line. I know of several spots you can follow one right after another in a strait line.
Is it possible you have found an old fence row?

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They’re all pointing or marking one line
Orange, if you think it is a fence line, it may or may not be, BUT, to make sure, if you take two L rods and walk across the line, if it is an old fence line the rods will either cross or open wide. Try that on a chain link fence first to see how they work for you. They don't work same for everyone.

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
They definitely aren’t old fence rows. In these hills if there’s a fence close to a hundred years old it’s usually a rock fence. I’ve seen old fence made of split white oak when I was a kid. I’ve seen old wire fence here it’s fairly recent fencing

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
I didn’t think it was fence because of some of the obstacles they would’ve had to over come. But we do have many miles of rock fences just going through the woods. Figure the fields grew up over the long years.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even if there is old fence wire there, it doesn’t negate the possibility of a cache or a mine.
Long before organizing this land by meets and bounds, there were others here, working the land for treasure of one type or another.

The only problem that fences create, are property lines and many of the properties have been bought and sold, making research more
of a specific type. County records can tell you just exactly who owned or homesteaded the property and when,,,
And if you’re family were the original homesteaders, then...
JACKPOT!!
Old family records can tell so much more.

If you think that it might have been a fence then a metal detector will go nuts over old wire... really nuts 🥜.
All can be a burden or a blessing, depending on whether you are doing the appropriate research.

Old rock fence can be treated the same way.
Personally, I hate them, because every stone looks like a small hides hole to me. They make me crazy [emoji12]!
But that one is on me, no need for anyone else to pick up my bad habits!?!?!

#/;0{>~

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
That would’ve been nice but I do know who the owners where. What’s interesting is this whole part of they country for mile belonged to a timber company back in the late 1800-early 1900. It was mostly all cut down. This property was on the edge of that the timber company owned. They didn’t own this it still had the old timber.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread