Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does it have magnetic properties?
The brown part looks a little like rusty iron ore.
Black sand will rust in beach sand from exposure to salt and oxygen.

If you see reddish streaks on the beach, there may be gold with it.

You might check it out with a magnet on both, the reddish and the black parts.

Metal detector might tell you what it is. ?.?

If the answer is no on the magnetic properties.... I may have a better idea about what it is... after looking at the pics on the laptop....

#/;0{>~

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
I’ll get it checked to see if it’s metallic. It looks metallic. I’ve found iron deposits before. The iron I’ve found has been in several forms.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ll get it checked to see if it’s metallic. It looks metallic. I’ve found iron deposits before. The iron I’ve found has been in several forms.

If it is iron, a magnet should pull on the ore.
it might be weak, but it should pull at least a little.

#/;0{>~

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
I’ll try MIKEL. There’s lots of iron here. I picked the rock up out of a good size stream and split a chunk off. The dark deposit was in the grain of the rock so to speak. There’s supposed to be a lead out cropping within sight of my house. I’ve was told when I was young and didn’t even think the way I do now. So the exact location I didn’t keep on my mind.

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
I remember the old folks didn’t use checks it was all cash. I don’t remember them having any thing to do with banks. Most of them where raised not trusting the banking system. Here in the hills hard lessons aren’t forgotten easily and they get passed on. The thing is the civil war, reformation, gold being outlawed, and the Great Depression was a chain of events that happened one after another. Makes one think on how people from that mess of a time frame thought how they conducted business how they kept there valuables secure. I used to listen to the stories of people that where born in the 1900s no cars, no elec, no phones, and some didn’t see town till they were in their teens. I remember one talking about walking to town 15 miles away staying a night or two with someone and carrying a 50 lb sack of floor home groceries of the day. It’s hard for my generation to even imagine that much less think that’s the way things where then. The KGC was supposed to still be going in the early 1900s. What about rural areas that had limited access to the outside world. Questions that are not easy to get answers to.

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1529702528.408158.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1529702568.974133.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1529702568.974133.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1529702568.974133.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 92

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Orangeman.

The more I look at your photos, the more I’m inclined to say, just crush that small one and see what pans out!!

Some of the photos look like there’s a vein gold in it. (After seeing them on my laptop)

What is the worst thing that could happen???

The best that could happen, is that there is visible gold that pans out easily!!!!!

If the gold is mixed with black sand,
and the rest washes out easily, then you will have the answer to almost all of the questions.....

Or, I could be totally wrong!!!
It wouldn’t be the first time.....?!

I do the same process on any white quartz that I find, in or near a creek, especially if there is a seam running through it. It usually leaves a little microscopic gold dust.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You might want to make a video of it.

#/80{>~

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
I’m going to hunt down the lead deposit that I was told about this fall. That will teach me a lot if I can find it. I’ve heard that if there’s lead there’s other stuff to find to. But it’ll give me an idea of what to look for with other deposits.

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
I’m thinking there’s there’s a place with black sand stone down here. My memory ain’t as good at recalling as it once was.

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1530737626.681377.jpg . This tree is on the edge of a bluff. Haven’t seen any like this this big before. They’re usually fairly small and die off in a few years.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
View attachment 1608539 . This tree is on the edge of a bluff. Haven’t seen any like this this big before. They’re usually fairly small and die off in a few years.

"The Cherokee walked with their heads bowed." Trying to remember where that quote came from, but can't. I know of one of the same shape, about 20" in diameter and healthy ... same configuration except for the nose. The one I know of points down like an arrow.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1608539 . This tree is on the edge of a bluff. Haven’t seen any like this this big before. They’re usually fairly small and die off in a few years.

OMAN! I had one just like that. When I saw your picture, I think that I was as excited about your post, as I was when I first saw mine.

My tree didn’t make it through the snow and/or ice storms.
When we found it, I wanted to photograph it, but the only charged batteries that I had were in my GPS, and I couldn’t bring myself to risk taking them out.

I did get to go back to photograph it and another tree ten years later.

It was crushed, but there was a silver lining, as there was a stone pointer and stone path that we had not noticed.

I’m pretty sure that I have posted it here.... on Tnet.

It turned out to be one of the most important signs. It pointed to the turkey track and duck carvings in a small bluff along the creek bed, just below it. The line continues on to other signs.

I think that you have a small treasure by just finding the tree, still intact.

Don’t over think it..... GPS and azimuth and map it. Then check out the creek for other signs.

I am happy for you. Congrats on a great find. I look forward to seeing if it helps you.

#/;0{>~

Clueman

Oct 15, 2004
Hello! The tree as shown, has multiple
Possible meanings.
Of course, the line given, as Prospector noted.
The probable metal clue (indicated by blaze if present)
The distance noted on the tree.....to ?
The ARCH, and what it means. Email me [email protected] if you want for a different
Perspective.
Paul.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions