Spanish Relic Meaning

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
crushed bells and a spoon found at a mine-entrance? Why would you think they necessarily have some "meaning" ? Couldn't they be just normally occuring debri (or fumble-fingers losses) that might occur anywhere? Most guys on this forum have found "crushed bells" and "bent spoons" at a variety of places, but don't infer from that any symbolism or secret meaning or anything. Metal junk and stuff is everywhere, the minute you turn on your metal detector :)

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless they were attached to the mine entrance in some way. Gives meaning to all the can slaw I've been finding!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Why don't you just look inside the mine? It would answer your question! Frank...
111-1 profile.jpg

Zackary77

Dec 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW ! Thanks for the great information sharing with us. keep it up…

OP
OP
W

wlewis

Dec 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there was also a death trap at the entrance and the mine was completely filled in but after digging it out nothing was found. Maybe they missed something.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
huh?

there was also a death trap at the entrance and the mine was completely filled in but after digging it out nothing was found. Maybe they missed something.

I agree with surf, when he questions "death trap" . What, for heaven's sake, are you talking about? Me thinks you've been watching Raiders of the Lost Ark one-too-many times.

TheNewCatfish

Mar 4, 2011
Spanish miners in the 1700's used a variety of symbols and signs to mark mineral locations. Sometimes the signs indicated the type of mineral to be mined and sometimes they identified the process used to extract the mineral from ore. Never heard of bells or spoons being used for treasure symbols though. But that doesn't mean they weren't. You'll have to do lots of research to make that determination.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions