What's new

Spanish Silver, Copper at Remote Cellars

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2013
Messages
1,060
Reaction score
1,246
Golden Thread
0
Location
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all , as usual too lazy to post but have been finding stuff. Got out to some sites that I have researched and was waiting for some cooler weather to hit this area. It is a long steep walk to the area. I was looking for a bunch of cellars spread out along a old road network. One of the cellars was well off the beaten path and I thought would be tough to locate (and hopefully not pounded), but my research paid off and I found it without much problem . I felt of the sites in the area this one had the best chance of being unhit. The site consisted of an old cellar , a large barn and a shallow rock lined outbuilding. The problem was that it was thick with summer growth and had a lot of large iron. So I concentrated on the small areas that were relatively clear that were mostly 50-75 yards away from the hole. Before too long I found a brass barrel tap and a small flat button. Then got a nice hit and pulled a toasty draped bust. So I felt good about the site and decided to leave and see if locate the other cellars and come back this fall when the brush dies down. For the heck of it I was swinging on the road about 50 feet from the hole and got a crystal clear 81 signal at 5 inches and while I was sure it was silver I figured it was a damn Washington quarter dropped by a hunter 50 years ago. Well when I saw it I knew it was not a quarter and was thrilled to find a 1784 reale; a 2 reale I believe, and in nice shape. Even though my aging legs hate the hike into these sites I think I'll be back this fall. Thanks IMG_0987.webpIMG_0988 (1).webpIMG_0982.webpIMG_0983.webpIMG_0985.webpIMG_0997.webpIMG_0998.webp
 
Upvote 58
WOW... that 2 reals is in excellent shape!!! Look at those denticles!
 
Beautiful coin! Definitely a two reales. (There is a 2R) on the reverse.
 
Beautiful 2 reale, great detail, congratulations! :occasion14:
 
Congrats on a really nice find. WOW.
 
Yes, that is one of the best ones posted lately.
 
Great detail on that reale! I've not seen one that nice in some time. Congrats!
 
Big Congrats on the coin . Well worth the hike through the Jungle ,
here in South Jersey it's still too hot & infested with insects and my biggest fear ...... poison ivy .


CMD
 
Such a beautiful coin! Congrats on some great finds. Research pays off again!
 
Great save!
.9027 silver;from the series 1773-1789 with FF as the assayer (1778-1784).
Keep looking in that area; there is rare variety of the 1784 that has DEI GRTIA instead of DEI GRATIA.
Don
 
Sweet! Bet those legs got some extra juice after those finds! Very nice indeed.
 
Thanks for the kind comments . ; it is a great coin.At least now I've got GPS cords on the sites so I can take direct routes to get in.
 
Beautiful! love it :icon_thumright:
 
Excellent Spanish find. Congrats
 
Nice silver, keep hunting that place. There has got to be more.
 
Holy crap that thing is pretty!
 
Nice find! I am ready to hit the sites in the woods this fall as well. Good luck with your future hunts.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom