What's new

Spanish silver first hole.

65vanman

Sr. Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2025
Messages
456
Reaction score
3,099
Golden Thread
0
Location
Meriden CT.
Detector(s) used
Minelab manticore/ Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went back to the farm fields this weekend. Yesterday I found a one arm angel, buckles, heal plate, gas valve, top of padlock, etc. Today my first target was a 1792 one reale. One 1956 wheat cent, more horse tac etc.
1000001040.webp
1000001041.webp
1000001047.webp
1000001049.webp
 
Upvote 24
Excellent ! :hello2:
 
Carlos III 1Rs were of two tpyes; one with coat of arms on one side and two globes on the other. Yours is of the second kind; bust of Carlos III on one side and coat of arms on the other.
Carlos III 1Rs (bust type) with FM assayers mark were minted in 1772-1777, 1785-1787 and 1788-89.
The assayers in the first period (FM) were different people from the assayers in the other periods--with the same initials.
I'm guessing yours is not from the first period but from a later one; ergo; Francisco Arance y Cobos and Mariano Rodriguez y Puerta (FM).
These eyes can't discern if the last two numbers are 2s, 8s or 0s.
The coin is .9027 fine silver.
Great finds !!
Don in SoCal
 
Carlos III 1Rs were of two tpyes; one with coat of arms on one side and two globes on the other. Yours is of the second kind; bust of Carlos III on one side and coat of arms on the other.
Carlos III 1Rs (bust type) with FM assayers mark were minted in 1772-1777, 1785-1787 and 1788-89.
The assayers in the first period (FM) were different people from the assayers in the other periods--with the same initials.
I'm guessing yours is not from the first period but from a later one; ergo; Francisco Arance y Cobos and Mariano Rodriguez y Puerta (FM).
These eyes can't discern if the last two numbers are 2s, 8s or 0s.
The coin is .9027 fine silver.
Great finds !!
Don in SoCal
It's a carolus IIII 1792.
 

Attachments

  • 20260503_172534.webp
    20260503_172534.webp
    150.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 20260503_172545.webp
    20260503_172545.webp
    124.3 KB · Views: 67
One nice real from 1792 with a lot of relatively modern stuff. You never know what you're going to find. That's one of the attractions of the hobby.
 
I went back to the farm fields this weekend. Yesterday I found a one arm angel, buckles, heal plate, gas valve, top of padlock, etc. Today my first target was a 1792 one reale. One 1956 wheat cent, more horse tac etc.View attachment 2252408View attachment 2252409View attachment 2252410View attachment 2252411
That is a pretty great way to start a hunt. Congrats on your Spanish silver! King George seems to have a sinister smirk on his face.
I bet most of that brass horse tack sounded great when you swung over it.
 
That is a pretty great way to start a hunt. Congrats on your Spanish silver! King George seems to have a sinister smirk on his face.
I bet most of that brass horse tack sounded great when you swung over it.
The horse tack always sounds good. In the past year I found over 80 pieces. When I do farm fields I dig everything. You never know what you will find.
 
Congrats. In my experience I would call that the kiss of death. Getting a great silver first hole makes you think that every good signal afterwards will be similar & that you are going to have an amazing day. But in most of my hunts its the end of the streak...lol
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom