What's new

Spear head

YoungGunTHer

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Portsmouth NH
Detector(s) used
MXT
Hello,
I got this spear head at a yard sale for $3, I dont even know if it is real. A date of any other information would be great. It measures about 16 inches long.

thank you
 

Attachments

  • DSC00091.webp
    DSC00091.webp
    8.6 KB · Views: 811
If it is, it is African,they have some crazy looking spear points
 
Upvote 0
zztop357 said:
Part of a weather vane...

Or maybe from a globe sundial?
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Need closer pics. Looks like it might be hammered out of rebar.
 
Upvote 0
Notice this Sudan spear, although not an exact match, it has the same head and "rebar" type shaft.
spear sudan.webp
We could use better pic. A weather vane, I would think, would show an attachment point or weld. It has the look of an African spear but I would look for the broken weld of a steel weather vane arrow to be sure. It doesnt look like an arrow..
weather vane.webp
 
Upvote 0
I'll sure agree with the spear ID, Awesome yardsale find !!
see ya around town, Herbie
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom