What's new

spectacular hunt NJ copper, IH,1794 LC, 1/2 real

Tony12100

Full Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2013
Messages
246
Reaction score
857
Golden Thread
2
Location
Southern New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
Had a great hunt today with my new digging buddy. Through the the day we dug many coins buttons and relics. Here are some of my finds. Also a super super cool arrow head eye spot. First one ever I almost cryed..
There's also a pic of the buttons fishing weight grommets buckel. Thanks for looking
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20150604_194320.webp
    ForumRunner_20150604_194320.webp
    63.4 KB · Views: 211
  • ForumRunner_20150604_194338.webp
    ForumRunner_20150604_194338.webp
    69.3 KB · Views: 201
  • ForumRunner_20150604_194352.webp
    ForumRunner_20150604_194352.webp
    74.7 KB · Views: 181
  • ForumRunner_20150604_194407.webp
    ForumRunner_20150604_194407.webp
    74.4 KB · Views: 171
  • ForumRunner_20150604_194422.webp
    ForumRunner_20150604_194422.webp
    55.6 KB · Views: 178
  • ForumRunner_20150604_194743.webp
    ForumRunner_20150604_194743.webp
    65.2 KB · Views: 165
Upvote 36
Tony the quality of these finds with the variety is stunning - I'm thinking Banner !
 
Great finds and beautiful point! Thats an atlatl or speer point. Pre dates the bow and arrow. What state did you find it in? I can probably find the type. Fantastic find!
 
You knocked it out of the park. Those are some great finds. Congratulations
 
Wow...that hunt only needs some old lead to be a dream hunt for me. That is incredible. Even the point has no chips? Awesome!
 
Great finds and beautiful point! Thats an atlatl or speer point. Pre dates the bow and arrow. What state did you find it in? I can probably find the type. Fantastic find!

I'd love to know more about this. This was dug in south new jersey
 
Awesome day and awesome digs. Days like that don't happen too often - congratulations!
 
Damn Tony you have dug some dream coins lately. Those coppers have incredible detail. That Lib Cap is gorgeous....and Spanish silver....amazing. You will get a Banner out of one of these recent coin finds. I'm thinking that dime when you get verification
 
Awesome digs, were you already in the 1700's club? If not congrats on getting there...:notworthy:
 
Those are some awesome finds!
The coins are in remarkable condition, very kind soil!
 
No prob! Looks like you found yourself an Orient Fishtail. If its made of jasper, it looks like a match. If so, it dates from 500-2000 BC! Awesome colonial copper and reale as well. Still waiting to find either myself.
IMG_20150604_202145050.webp
IMG_20150604_202212344.webp
 
Last edited:
man that's the stuff we all dream of getting, that point is incredible!, the NJ copper has a ton of detail on it!

awesome hunt!
 
A great variety in finds and a Congrats on that point it is real nice indeed :thumbsup:
 
Very nice group of finds
 
Tony, big congratulations on a really good hunt! The arrowhead is suberb!! Wow, I like when a Liberty Cap Cent, Half Real and a NJ copper are all found on one hunt, that is a memorable day for sure........... The NJ is a 1787 Maris 73-aa, now a Rarity 4 (Very Scarce) used to be considered Rare, but no longer according to latest data I have, but, since it is still a hard to find variety for collectors and the fact that they are known for being struck over a number of other coppers, like yours which appears it is overstruck on a KGIII; makes them more collectible than another copper of same rarity just due to some may want more than one of them in their collections due to them being overstruck on various other colonials! Sending a PM to you with additional info..... Don
 
Awesome finds and congrats! I could be wrong but the New Jersey Copper appears to have been a "Flip Over Double Struck" or was struck over another struck coin. There are extra components on both the Obverse and Reverse that don't belong. Hopefully, IP...Jersey Ben...doninbrewster...hogge and others will chime in with what they think!


Frank
 
I'm surprised you didn't cry. You let out a whoop that made me laugh, I thought you found colonial gold. Great day indeed, and its only going to get better after the fields are plowed this week. Looking forward to the next hunt. Great finds Tony. Art
 
Great details on the Obverse of the 1794 Large Cent! I hope it cleans up well and more details are evident on the Reverse!


Frank
 
:occasion14: awesome finds!!!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom