What's new

spectacular hunt NJ copper, IH,1794 LC, 1/2 real

Tony12100

Full Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2013
Messages
246
Reaction score
857
Golden Thread
2
Location
Southern New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
Had a great hunt today with my new digging buddy. Through the the day we dug many coins buttons and relics. Here are some of my finds. Also a super super cool arrow head eye spot. First one ever I almost cryed..
There's also a pic of the buttons fishing weight grommets buckel. Thanks for looking
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20150604_194320.webp
    ForumRunner_20150604_194320.webp
    63.4 KB · Views: 211
  • ForumRunner_20150604_194338.webp
    ForumRunner_20150604_194338.webp
    69.3 KB · Views: 201
  • ForumRunner_20150604_194352.webp
    ForumRunner_20150604_194352.webp
    74.7 KB · Views: 181
  • ForumRunner_20150604_194407.webp
    ForumRunner_20150604_194407.webp
    74.4 KB · Views: 171
  • ForumRunner_20150604_194422.webp
    ForumRunner_20150604_194422.webp
    55.6 KB · Views: 178
  • ForumRunner_20150604_194743.webp
    ForumRunner_20150604_194743.webp
    65.2 KB · Views: 165
Upvote 36
Man, what a day! Nice job
 
Not sure which find I like that best, they're all Awesome!!

Congrats on a super Sweet hunt!!
 
Great finds and beautiful point! Thats an atlatl or speer point. Pre dates the bow and arrow. What state did you find it in? I can probably find the type. Fantastic find!

NJ Le nape Indians I believe?
 
Great finds again Tony, nice weather for it.
 
Whatever you are doing, keep doing it because it produced some mighty fine finds for you!

The detail in the coins is outstanding, especially the NJ... Congrats! :thumbsup:
 
Holly crap Tony!!!
You had a awsome day!!
Just the NJ is incredible condition, let alone the 94 and spear head!!!!
George
 
Tony, big congratulations on a really good hunt! The arrowhead is suberb!! Wow, I like when a Liberty Cap Cent, Half Real and a NJ copper are all found on one hunt, that is a memorable day for sure........... The NJ is a 1787 Maris 73-aa, now a Rarity 4 (Very Scarce) used to be considered Rare, but no longer according to latest data I have, but, since it is still a hard to find variety for collectors and the fact that they are known for being struck over a number of other coppers, like yours which appears it is overstruck on a KGIII; makes them more collectible than another copper of same rarity just due to some may want more than one of them in their collections due to them being overstruck on various other colonials! Sending a PM to you with additional info..... Don


Glad I read through because you too my post. (struck over a George III) Now that is a cool coin!
 
Tony! You are in the zone right now! Ride it while it lasts brother! Those coppers are nicer than 90% of others of the same that are dug.
 
Damn Tony you have dug some dream coins lately. Those coppers have incredible detail. That Lib Cap is gorgeous....and Spanish silver....amazing. You will get a Banner out of one of these recent coin finds. I'm thinking that dime when you get verification

I agree with Abe, that Liberty cab is in great shape. I would love to see more pictures of it. Perfect day all around. Congrats!
 
Very very nice day your really raising the bar with those finds
 
Awesome hunt.
That NJ copper is in really great shape. Everything looks awesome for that matter.

Congrats.
 
Congrats on really eclectic set of finds. Nice nice nice!
 
That's an incredible variety of early coins from a single hunt Tony. You must be hunting in some nice sandy soil for the coppers to turn out like that. Love the Spanish silver too.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom