Spectra V3I or VX3 - Looking for guidance

junkhunt

Feb 21, 2017
North Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's eagle spectrum , White's Spectra V3i, Garrett AT Pro. Garrett AT Pen pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you get big enough targets you will get wrap around so to speak, you should be able to tell it's not what you think by sizing the target before you decide to dig or not. HH

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jupp, many large pieces of iron will do that to many different machines. Using 'analyze', push the trigger forward, you'll often get a good hint at if it's iron or not.
If the target pinpoints over a 'large' area, that to is a good sign of a can or other large object.

junkhunt

Feb 21, 2017
North Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's eagle spectrum , White's Spectra V3i, Garrett AT Pro. Garrett AT Pen pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pinpointer

I would like to see White's make a pinpointer that will work with the wireless V3i headphones. Maybe a button that will switch from the the detector to the headphones and back to the detector, Maybe someday?

Nomadnailer

Apr 6, 2011
Montrose, WV
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i with dx-1 sunray probe, Whites xlt, Tesoro lobo st,
The 5 coins to ten coins sounds like operator error. The experience with the machine comment you made was spot on.

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
sniper, it really boils down to programs. If you want the ability to re-program or create a program go with the V3i, if not the VX3 is a more simplified version of the V3i. They both use the same coil family and most after market detector rain covers for the V3i work on either machine. I'm convinced I can program my V3i to make my morning coffee just haven't tried that yet,,,,lol
Good luck!
Stay Gold!!
Opie

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
New to the hobby. Have myself set on a Beach TDI. Live in less than mile from beach. However, I found a brand new V3i, never used.
Additional Whites Super 12" Search Coil w/cover
2 pair White's wireless head phones.
Extra NiCad batteries
Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer Vibration Beep Mode and Led Light
6" scoop basket, 2- digging knives, pouches, belts, stands, etc. all kinds of accessories.

they are Asking 695.00 Cash. Health issue I believe. is this a good deal or should i start with the lesser machine. I know the learning curve is a bit steep. Thanks all.

Last edited:

GPS53

May 17, 2009
Mercer county, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites, XLT & V3i, TRX Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If all that is brand new, it is over a 2 thousand dollar package. Jump on it now, Great deal. If it turns out to be more detector than you can handle, you can make money on resale. Yes, it is a complicated machine to learn, but it will do just about anything you want it to in many different situations. Take your time with it and learn it, I am still learning things about mine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread