What's new

spider bite

mumszie

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
2,819
Reaction score
123
Golden Thread
0
Location
Spring Hill, Florida
OOOOOkay. It seems I must have gotten bitten by a spider. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? Sheesh. I never felt the bite! Anyway they did a sonogram and he showed me the "venom sac" beneath the skin. I am back in a smaller boot for a few days more and also have a una boot which is just more gauze with medication on it. I have to keep that on for at least 3 days and then I can go hunting again and I'm also on Methylprednisolone tablets for a few days. CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS? Same darn foot! Well hopeully now that I FINALLY know what the problem is it will get taken care of and I will get better soon and you can believe that I will be out in that water - COLD OR NOT! Here I come guys...... SOON!
 
Upvote 0
Mumszie, sorry about the spider bite.

One of my son's teachers got bit on the stomach by a brown recluse. They had to do surgery on her to follow the venom trail. She was lucky it didn't hit any vitals.

I hate spiders.

GibH what kind of cat is that?

Here is a picture of a "little" one I found a couple of years ago when I went down stairs at midnight. Supposedly they are non poisonous but supposedly if they bite a farm animal, the animal may lose its leg from the venom.
 

Attachments

  • horse spider.webp
    horse spider.webp
    17.9 KB · Views: 1,210
Sorry about the bite, hope it gets better quick

By the way, did it look like this on the sonogram ?
 

Attachments

  • 14sjmgn.webp
    14sjmgn.webp
    32.5 KB · Views: 574
Hi Mumszie, sorry to hear about the spider bite. But look forward to you getting out there soon and seeing your finds. Luckily, I've not been bit by a spider, but have had a weird reaction to a tick bite. Doctors thought it was staph infection at first. Bumps all over my hands, arms, legs, back and joint pain in all my joints. It took about a month to recover from it. After many blood tests, they determined it was a tick bite. I have 2 dogs.

I like the photos' of the cats too. Wow, so huge, and the bengal is cute too.

skt
 
The white and black cat is photoshopped, the other is a Maine Coon Cat.
 
How to wreck your CJ-3 Jeep? Drive through the Florida Swamp tram road and into a Banana Spider web. :o Those things are the size of your hand and YOU know its crawling somewhere on you. :help: Happened to me more than once, as my windshield was down to protect the glass from branches. Smoked my brakes and a quick bailout, hitting the ground rolling. My deer hunting partner was laughing :laughing9: so hard, he almost inhaled his wad of chewing tobacco. He'd seen the spider retreat to the trunk before I hit the web, that's why they got 8 eyes, six more than I had. God, I hate spiders! :coffee2:
 

Attachments

  • heather-banana-spider.webp
    heather-banana-spider.webp
    9.8 KB · Views: 4,785
My pet squirrell eats silver for snacks.
 

Attachments

  • silversquirrell.webp
    silversquirrell.webp
    16 KB · Views: 470
  • silversquirrell.webp
    silversquirrell.webp
    16 KB · Views: 352
fisheye=== monty needs to see that silver eating bugger.--- he loves em.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom