What's new

"Spill" found in my yard

Coach Stack

Full Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2016
Messages
133
Reaction score
338
Golden Thread
0
Location
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
AT Pro Pointer
Kelllyco Vulcan 360
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I decided to give a "swing" around some old trees near the corner of my house. I found this (to my surprise) the oldest coin was 1961 the newest was 1999. I moved in to the house in 2000.

13327615_10153601716032647_6072387778824744863_n.webp
 
Upvote 36
Howdy and welcome to T-net!

Cool find! Buried in a film container?

HH
 
That's neat! Welcome to the forum!!
 
That is a cache... buried treasure, my man. That is what we are all looking for, and you FOUND it. Congrats!
 
Congratz! That is pretty awesome!
 
Yeah, I thought that was funny also. I use empty pill bottles for my quarters, maybe I'll bury one for future coin hunters :)
 
Yeah, I thought that was funny also. I use empty pill bottles for my quarters, maybe I'll bury one for future coin hunters :)
If you did that you would be back in the hole again this way you have a head start.lol
 
Found a cache on your start, WTG! Oh and welcome to TNet :D
 
Congrats on your cache finds and thanks for sharing the picture & story with all of us. This is a detectorist dream come true & I wish you many more great finds while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED
 
I can identify with that find. I know almost exactly where a cache is, in the back yard of the house where I grew up. I recall distinctly that I buried one of those old, tall, slender olive jars with one each of the coins at the time. Penny, nickel, dime, etc. It was before '64 AND it also has a dollar bill in it, a silver certificate!! It was supposed to be my time capsule. To be found by a future generation. To that end, I expressly tried to forget where I buried it and....evidently....I did. :dontknow:

I had tried to find it, in the 70's, 80's & 90's. Then, the property changed hands. I never found it! :treasurechest::BangHead:

WTG!
 
Welcome and thank you for sharing. That is a good start.
 
Newer cache or not, that is a thrill! Congrats. Just imagine if it went a hundred years before it was found..
 
great job! any silver coins?
 
I wouldnt call that a spill coach. I would call that "finding buried treasure". There's treasure in dem der hills. WELCOME
 
You dug some kid's cache. Yours is way better that the 152 pennies and 2 nickels I dug once. I wish all plugs held the amount of coins you dug. Welcome to Tnet. Good luck in your future hunts.
 
Congrats on the cache! My name is J.Cache, and I've never found one haha
 
thats cool! im sure when you dug it you were thinking "WTH is in this?!?"
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom