What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED spinning rod/pipe with 2 gears?

Underwonder

Bronze Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2017
Messages
1,731
Reaction score
3,307
Golden Thread
0
Location
RI
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800, Manticore
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Any ideas on these 2 spinning rods with double gears on them? Thanks for thinking! I am geared up for some ideas on what these were used for! Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8407.webp
    IMG_8407.webp
    4 MB · Views: 282
  • IMG_8414.webp
    IMG_8414.webp
    1 MB · Views: 176
  • IMG_8412.webp
    IMG_8412.webp
    996 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_8415.webp
    IMG_8415.webp
    864.9 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_8413.webp
    IMG_8413.webp
    741 KB · Views: 162
So the gear thingy and the two designs I am going to say leather working tools. The double wheels layout stitching spacing and the others are for embossing the leather with a design.
That's an interesting thought! Thanks!
 
Upvote 0
My first thought was one of the old hand mixers.

Then I see that the larger rod had something welded to the side, and it makes me think of an old screw type pump. But it seems small for that.

interesting find!
 
Upvote 0
My first thought was one of the old hand mixers.

Then I see that the larger rod had something welded to the side, and it makes me think of an old screw type pump. But it seems small for that.

interesting find!
Thanks for the ideas. It is interesting and I am still scratching my head. The idea as a guide for stitching seemed plausible but I haven't been able to confirm...Thanks for sharing. HH
 
Upvote 0
I think it's the brass part that is the key. Brass is more decorative than part of machinery....unless it's delicate machinery like a watch or clock. Brass just doesn't hold up to industrial or heavy duty use. It's also used where corrosion or sparks are a problem.
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    406.9 KB · Views: 46
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    527.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 78383890770__470D5A8C-7885-49F3-84C3-EAF448A5DAD9.MOV
    2.2 MB
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom