Any ideas on these 2 spinning rods with double gears on them? Thanks for thinking! I am geared up for some ideas on what these were used for! Thanks!
Thanks for the observations. They were found in a pond (well..edge of pond) in RI.The spoon and broken spoon were also found that day. Items have been from around the 1920s-40s mainly...No guesses just some observations and questions. The two pics on the right are somewhat decorative - and thus meant to be seen. Where are they located? The "rod" on the far left appears to be extended from a housing whereas the one next to it pushed in. Both housings have at least 1 brace attached to them, which suggests they were mounted to something else - and stationary. Perhaps by extending or pushing the rod into the housing engaged the gears somehow.
Brass gears, I never seen on any winching device, except for inside a clock/watch.There is a possible connection: edge of pond and boat winch.
With it's length that of a spoon handle, it's pretty small too.
Brass gears, I never seen on any winching device, except for inside a clock/watch.
Basically too delicate.
Gents, those are good points. BTW: I never quoted others before - and quoted cudamark twice...With it's length that of a spoon handle, it's pretty small too.
I’m with you on that one. Old time parasol🤷🏻♂️Part of an umbrella/parasol.....?