What's new

Splice new coil on old excal

Pick_axe

Sr. Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 3, 2015
Messages
449
Reaction score
2,097
Golden Thread
1
Location
Columbus NM
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 1000,
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett GTI 2500
Minelab Goldmonster 1000
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab GPX 5000
Nokta Triple Score
Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm ready to order a 15x17 NEL coil for my 'old blue' excal.:metaldetector: Has anyone else done this and if so, have you any tips/tricks to share? Big thanks in advance!
 
Last edited:
I just put an NEL Attack coil on my 800.

Simple enough to do if you can solder.

I would make sure the wires are long enough to add some heat shrink over each wire to prevent shorting between pins.
 
I just put an NEL Attack coil on my 800.

Simple enough to do if you can solder.

I would make sure the wires are long enough to add some heat shrink over each wire to prevent shorting between pins.
Thanks. Are the wires color matched?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom