What's new

Spoon manufacturer?

testing123

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2009
Messages
2,366
Reaction score
1,986
Golden Thread
0
Location
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
Thiese spoons were given to me by a family member but I couldn't find the manufacturer or the age. Any ideas on who the manufacturer is or the age - Looks like "MC" to me? The spoons measure about 5 inches long. Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • 100_0659 resized.webp
    100_0659 resized.webp
    15 KB · Views: 223
  • 100_0660 resized.webp
    100_0660 resized.webp
    12.1 KB · Views: 224
  • 100_0663 resized.webp
    100_0663 resized.webp
    16 KB · Views: 221
I'll take a stab at it :D I found this genealogical database of American Silversmiths. Here is the C section:

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb...smiths/makers/silversmiths/tageightnames2.htm

I looked at Martin Cheney because he seemed like maybe from the right time period and area - but I found he was more famous for making clocks and I haven't been able to find any silver pieces attributed to him yet. Maybe this will help you though... Very cool spoons! :icon_thumleft:

Martin Cheney

* Born: abt 1771, East Hartford CT

General notes:

Silversmith

Events in his life were:

* He worked from 1804 to 1809 as a silversmith and clockmaker in Windsor VT 7

* He worked from 1809 to 1817 as a silversmith and clockmaker in Montreal Canada 7

* He was a partner from 1817 to 1830 with J. A. Dwight in Montreal Canada as CHENEY & DWIGHT with a shop at 104 St Paul Street. 7
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom