Spoon Ring??

scrubber

Apr 1, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or maybe a fork? The ring I found today at my closest park was made from an eating utensil of some sort -- first time I've seen something like that.

Also, after getting a shallow signal in grass, I parted the blades and got a glimpse of gold. My first thought was, "probably another darn Chuckie Cheese token". But Surprise!! -- it was a James Monroe dollar. So I moved three feet, got another beep, parted the grass, saw more gold, got ready for another dollar, and you guessed it -- a Chuckie Cheese token. I laughed so hard the sunbathers must have thought I had sun stroke.

The net result for the morning was $3.05 in coin, a small charm bracelet pendant and a fishing sinker (oh yes, and a good laugh). :laughing11:

scrubber

07-03b.jpg
07-03a.jpg

Upvote 0
Cool looking spoon ring.
Don't see to many of them any more.
Use to see them all the time as a kid.
Still on my list of things to find for the first time.
Congrats on your day and finds.

Do post a picture of the halmark in side the ring if you will.
Some one here will tell you more about the ring and where it came from.

Peace
ChrisP

B|lker said:
Nice finds and cleaning job scrubber.
Do you see any marking on the inside of the eating utensil like this?
http://www.925-1000.com/Gorham_Date_Code.html

Thanks. Nothing took much cleaning. I think all the stuff was lost pretty recently.

What's left on the inside after the point where it was cut off is "ERS MFG. CO. AA"

It also has "I|S" marked on the inside.

scrubber

must be a rogers ring.. nice find

Yea I have almost an entire drawer of those Roger Bros utensils and a few other makers with really nice designs on them, someday I want to make rings out of a few of them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back