New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a day, I must have put 200 miles on my CRV. I hunted along the Delaware River on the Pa. side, no luck. I drove home and took care of some things around the house when Vino text me some pix of silver he found when he got home, Two rosies, a merc, and two washingtons. Ha he is like a old coin magnet. He was cracking me up because he lost one of the rosies (probably in his pouch) Here are the pix he sent me

He was worried that I was going to get jealous (ha, I did) but I'm glad he found them and sent me the pix. So I figure I can't ride his shirttails forever ( although it might be a plan, ha lol) So I remembered that the sun was up later and knocking on doors is always better with the sun up and people would be home after 5:00. I got permission to do three different houses (cool) I ran to the oldest one for a half hour hunt and the fourth target in I popped this sweetheart out of her dirt nap.

There was a whole lot of coin licking going on and she's still a dirty girl!
Thanks for looking, HH
Brad

Upvote 14
OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see it now. Found my first one a couple of wks ago, a42 also.
It is my second one I found, the other is a 1948. My favorite design in coins, they are really beautiful. This hobby has increased my interest in numismatics, they don't make them like this anymore.

The reverse of this coin is not as cool, the eagle reverse of the old Half is one tough looking eagle. Just my opinion.

Attachments

• 2014SilverEagleBU.jpg
    2014SilverEagleBU.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds, thanks for sharing!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, you leave our Pa silver alone, Mister! Nice job on stealing the thunder from Vino, lol.

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Somehow TH, I missed this post the first time around. I'm not a coin hunter but I have learned that any Walker you can read the date on is a real good silver find as I've dug some dateless ones while looking for CW relics. WTG, Q.

gold2me

Feb 12, 2013
Excellent find....and your story telling of your hunt is humorous and totally fun to read..good job:-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread